cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Delta S sounds way worse than my non-S

bw2021
Level 7
For some reason the sound on the Delta S sounds really 'hollow' or tinny. I've tried disabling all enhancements in windows (weren't any active) and I've disabled all other audio devices. It is on the latest firmware. The sound from the microphone is also very muffled, way different than the on the non-S. I've tried putting the non-S's microphone in the Delta S but the sound is still muffled.

I've updated the firmware on it to the latest version, tried it in a laptop and a different computer and ps4, sound is hollow everywhere.

Can anyone help me or tell me whats going on? Anyone else with this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

skyhopper01
Level 9
After owning and comparing both headsets side by side, I actually ended up keeping the Delta S. As you have noticed, there is a different sound stage on the S compared to the regular. The S has the bass dialed back and has a more flat and open sound stage. The highs and mids are more pronounced and clear. Make sure you update the devices firmware in armory crate and I also recommend using the FPS preset. I dial back the reverb to 20 percent and increase the bass boost to 50 percent. The S Sounds absolutely amazing IMO.

skyhopper01 wrote:
After owning and comparing both headsets side by side, I actually ended up keeping the Delta S. As you have noticed, there is a different sound stage on the S compared to the regular. The S has the bass dialed back and has a more flat and open sound stage. The highs and mids are more pronounced and clear. Make sure you update the devices firmware in armory crate and I also recommend using the FPS preset. I dial back the reverb to 20 percent and increase the bass boost to 50 percent. The S Sounds absolutely amazing IMO.

First of all thank you for replying 🙂 I guess taste in soundstage etc is subjective. I played around a lot with the settings and presets but I couldn't find anything I liked. How do you feel about the microphone though? The AI sound suppresion seems to be forced on at all times, even when disabling it.

skyhopper01
Level 9
No problem, I have heard about some users having issues with the mic but honestly I have not used it or tested it yet. I mostly place single player games.

ROG_Guy
Level 7
Up for this thread. Do you have any recommedations for sound settings using the Delta S?