Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

@TrickMaster
    How you made it work with 6Ghz band? I also have S21 ultra but I cannot see 6Ghz band or Wifi 6e (only wifi 6) when I connect.
    Would you please post picture of your Wifi settings page? I am less than 5 feet from router.

Thank you

ROG Guru: White Belt Array TrickMasterPC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asus_user73 View Post
    @TrickMaster
    How you made it work with 6Ghz band? I also have S21 ultra but I cannot see 6Ghz band or Wifi 6e.
    Steps that led to success
    • Use SmartConnect with triband.
    • Set the 2/5GHz Authentication Method to WPA/WPA2-Personal (most IOT and other older wifi devices don't support WPA3).
    • Enable 160MHz under the 5GHz channel bandwidth.
    • All other settings default.
    • Restart Router
    • On your S21 Ultra perform a "Reset Network Settings" (clears all stored networks/cache)

Now you should see your same SSID listed twice (Samsung S21 adds/shows the 6 and 6e, this isn't part of the SSID name)
    SSID Name ^6
    SSID Name ^6e (even with smart connect enabled the 6e is stand-alone, so you can't auto transition from 6e to 6, 5, 2.4)

6e range is extremely limited, also my second GT-AXE11000 ai-mesh node does not have the SSID with 6e icon. The 6e is only available on my primary router for some reason. This could be a firmware bug. Essentially, I don't see myself ever really using 6e unless I need to upload massive video files from my phone. Since the range is so limited and smart transitioning doesn't occur it's mostly useless.

The 160Mhz channel bandwidth really helps the 5GHz band. I have much greater range on the 5GHz band vs my previous GT-AC5300. Also, significantly less congestion and interference issues with my neighbors networks. There are 15 other wireless networks overlapping with my house.

My S21 Ultra is the AT&T firmware variant with latest firmware installed.
    I'm using this router firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42026

Note: if you upgrade to firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42489 and you're using a GT-AXE11000 as an ai-mesh node, it won't let any wireless clients connect, it always says "Invalid Password" on all clients.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos S21 Ultra 6 and 6e.JPG  

GT-AXE11000 Wireless Settings.JPG  

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
    CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
    GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
    M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
    SATA SSD: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro in RAID0
    Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    Case: Zalman Fatal1ty Champion Series
    Cooling: Koolance H20 (CPU 2xGPU)

ROG Member Array

Thank you @TrickMasterPC for very detailed information, really appreciate it.
    Set the 2/5GHz Authentication Method to WPA/WPA2-Personal (most IOT and other older wifi devices don't support WPA3).
    but when I try to select and save WPA/WPA2-Personal after clicking Apply button "WPA2/WPA3-Personal" comes again
    Any idea why?

Thank you once again

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

When I set mine up I had the WPA 3 Personal and the setup process requested changing it to WPA2/WPA3-Personal.. WPA2 has been around for quite a while but I don't have an active 6e device so I cannot verify.

I also had a situation where one of my 2.4 GHz devices would not connect and I had to change the Protected Management Frames from Required to something else.

Saltgrass PC Specs
    Processori9 11900K
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Quote Originally Posted by TrickMasterPC View Post
    6e range is extremely limited, also my second GT-AXE11000 ai-mesh node does not have the SSID with 6e icon. The 6e is only available on my primary router for some reason. This could be a firmware bug. Essentially, I don't see myself ever really using 6e unless I need to upload massive video files from my phone. Since the range is so limited and smart transitioning doesn't occur it's mostly useless.
    This situation is interesting. I have my AXE11000 running with a RT-AX92U AiMesh node. The networks in the Router are separate so I have an SSID for each radio. On the node, my 6GHz SSID is showing but has to be using a 5 GHz radio to connect since the node has 1 2.4 GHz and 2 5 GHz radios. I was really disappointed when I realized the AEX11000 did not keep both of the 5GHz networks the AX11000 had. It could have been used as a Back Haul channel..

But you are not showing your 6GHz SSID on your AiMesh Node? How far is the node from the router?
    Last edited by Saltgrass; 03-20-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: minor editing

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by rammo View Post
    Hello,

I recently purchased this router and i have a few issues was during initial setup the lan ports would not work but wifi worked fine, so after factory reset everything works fine.

Second issue seems after a power loss the router act real buggy meaning it says connected to the internet but access to webpage is real laggy even after reboot modem and router. when trying to remote desktop to an computer is will not connect and trying to speedtest it says no internet connection but when logging into router it seems everything is fine. so after factory everything seems to fine.

Third issue is i just installed intel ax210 which is a 6e device and after downloading the latest the driver and ensuring the 6ghz wifi is active the computer only recognizes the 2ghz and 5ghz.

This is very frustrating to have so many issues i understand this is new router and new tech but i am not sure if something wrong with my router or if its a software bug. To me its sounds like a software issue rather than hardware but i was just wondering if anyone else has insight or has the router and have no issues.

i contacted support but it does not seems they know what the issue is and they created a trouble ticket or next level support.

I am having the same issue. Randomly drops my speeds to 5mbps, can barely load webpages until I reboot the router.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array TrickMasterPC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpnd152 View Post
    I am having the same issue. Randomly drops my speeds to 5mbps, can barely load webpages until I reboot the router.
    Use the firmware version released in January 2021. The March release is BUGGY!!! I wrote ASUS a long email about the bugs, but they still have not pulled down the March release. The Jan 2021 firmware is solid. Check out my other posts in this thread to understand how the 6 and 6e work and what the downsides/limitations are.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
    CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
    GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
    M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
    SATA SSD: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro in RAID0
    Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    Case: Zalman Fatal1ty Champion Series
    Cooling: Koolance H20 (CPU 2xGPU)

Saltgrass PC Specs
    Processori9 11900K
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

It appears now that normal operation of the 6 GHz radio (WPA-3) may not be available until next year.. I have seen nothing, even in the Advanced Win 10 Insiders builds, that would lead me to believe any development was being done in this area.

So, if you use it now by manually making registry entries, you may want to be aware of your environment.

As far as the Firmware, I did not see any problems..

ROG Member Array

So I just got this router two days ago and my iPhone 12 can’t find the WiFi 6 network at all…
    I checked all the replies in this thread and I just can’t get it to find the wifi6…it can find the 2.4ghz and 5ghz only. What is ASUS going to do to fix this issue?*

Saltgrass PC Specs
    Processori9 11900K
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Quote Originally Posted by thecore762 View Post
    So I just got this router two days ago and my iPhone 12 can’t find the WiFi 6 network at all…
    I checked all the replies in this thread and I just can’t get it to find the wifi6…it can find the 2.4ghz and 5ghz only. What is ASUS going to do to fix this issue?*
    I have seen some folks with Samsung phones discussing the same thing and they were able to see that radio. The 6 GHz band is enabled on the router and you should be able to find it. It does not use a password so you have to set it to OWE for its encryption since it doesn't yet appear to allow WPA-3..

That form of encryption is basically an open system so anyone with a capable phone can use your network.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast