cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000 issues

rammo
Level 7
Hello,

I recently purchased this router and i have a few issues was during initial setup the lan ports would not work but wifi worked fine, so after factory reset everything works fine.

Second issue seems after a power loss the router act real buggy meaning it says connected to the internet but access to webpage is real laggy even after reboot modem and router. when trying to remote desktop to an computer is will not connect and trying to speedtest it says no internet connection but when logging into router it seems everything is fine. so after factory everything seems to fine.

Third issue is i just installed intel ax210 which is a 6e device and after downloading the latest the driver and ensuring the 6ghz wifi is active the computer only recognizes the 2ghz and 5ghz.

This is very frustrating to have so many issues i understand this is new router and new tech but i am not sure if something wrong with my router or if its a software bug. To me its sounds like a software issue rather than hardware but i was just wondering if anyone else has insight or has the router and have no issues.

i contacted support but it does not seems they know what the issue is and they created a trouble ticket or next level support.
43 REPLIES 43

btrach144
Level 7
6GHz support hasn't been enabled in the latest intel driver for the 210.

Welcome to the bleeding edge.

Look like it going to take a while for the market to adapt new Wifi 6 or even 6e. Sad to know manufacturer still far behind. For sure, Asus was not alone.

thanks for the info it just stinks companies release technology that is still not usable, asus is currently checking into it but if intel is going release a 6e wireless card it should support it on day one. Asus claims its support 6e. Â*

Saltgrass
Level 13
I read that the 6e and Bluetooth 5.2 would not be available in Windows until or after the 21H1 build release, which might be in May. I haven't seen any of the places I buy from having the router available.

Someone in another thread had a broken antenna and wanted it replaced. That started me thinking if there was any difference in the antenna required in order to receive the 6 GHz band.. It would be a little shorter but may be close enough to the 5 GHz version.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

21H1 was released yesterday thru the windows preview program. But still need the update to the AX210.

Anyway my AXE11000 is pretty buggy and in need of a firmware update.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just wandered over to the Insiders site and it seems 21H1 will be delivered the same way 20H2 was delivered, through the normal updating process. I did not see any mention of Wi-Fi 6e in the article.

If the initial series of updates do not have that, maybe the next one they are releasing to the Beta Channel seekers will have more but I don't see anything listing those changes..

I will assume, anyone that already has the AXE11000 and the AX210, just doesn't have any indication the 6 GHz radio is yet active..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Im randomly loosing internet, usually in the middle of the night. Requires a reboot when I wake up. Im using the 2.5gb port as a wan. My fiber modem can connect at 10gb.

JeffLo
Level 10
so axe11000 also has problems, are the hardware with the older ax11000 same? cause im been having problems with the ax11000 and been trouble shooting this since last year
the common prob like wifi drop outs and other stuff, but whats wierd is its like a memory leak, after like 2 weeks or more it my wifi all wifi wont have internet, its connected but zero data will pass thru its like the router is blocking all traffic up and down, but the lan side is fine, i swap router all is good a diff model brand and a cheap one too

the only way i can fix this is by factory reset, reboot and on/off doesnt fix this, is like a memory leak on pc but you need to reset factory defaults to fix it, so i looking for something to replace this ax11000, but if the hardware is the same with the axe11000 just the wifi6E so im afraid its going to have the same problems im having

but i do hope my prob is a isolated case, but some other commong prob ive read on the net with the ax11000 im also getting currently on the beta firmware but still the probs are thier

I just had a setting change on it's own. I have my RGB set to only illuminate during an event. Saw it was lit up red out of nowhere. Logged into the GUI and it was set to static. BTW I have had my unit since last Thursday. I have not made it 24 hours without loosing internet yet. Here is my experience so far I posted on amazon, not approved yet and also sent to tech support.

Well first off 2.5gb port is supposed to active by default. Set up does not detect it, so go ahead and use manual set up. If you have a Samsung S21 Ultra, don't use Tri-band Smart connect. It wont stay connected to the 6ghz band and when it switches to the 5ghz band it will be in a state as connected, but with no internet. You can use smart connect with the 2.4 and 5ghz bands and have the 6ghz separated if you want. Sometimes when you bake changes to the settings you loose wireless connections and have to reboot, buggy firmware at the moment. Strang things in the logs as well such as "can't update an ip because it is not a mesh device and already in the UDB, cant add it". 6ghz is not working with Intel AX210 at the moment, supposedly a windows thing. Sometimes during a reboot from the app or web gui wireless does not always come back so best to use the power button on the back if you need to reboot. and if you are using the 2.5gb port as a wan the internet led only will light red when there is no internet, once it gets an ip it will go completely off. I don't know what happens when you use the 1gb (blue) port. My main issue is I am randomly loosing internet connection, usually in the middle of the night. I have to get up and reboot the router and for some reason I can't get an ip from my fiber modem unless I pull the cat and reinsert it.