cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX88U Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41700 Showing MAC Filter Error when less than 64

rk110
Level 7
Hi. Has anyone else noticed on the most recent AX88U Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41700, it is showing an error when adding additional items to the MAC filter when there are less than 64 items?

AX88U is the primary AiMesh Node on my network. Starting with Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41700, it now showing an error "Your rules have reached the maximum. Currently AiMesh has taken up 0 rule(s). Please delete unused rule if you want to add new rules." I start getting this message when there is approximately 45 items in the MAC filter list for a frequency band.

The only temporary workaround has been to downgrade the router to Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_9579, add the additional items to the MAC filters, save off the configuration settings, upgrade the Firmware Version to 3.0.0.4.386_41700 and then restore the configuration settings. As long as I am only deleting items from the MAC filter when on Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41700, it works ok.
6 REPLIES 6

rk110
Level 7
I just upgraded to the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_42095 and still the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Any word if it will be fixed? Thanks!

I just upgraded to the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_42819 and still the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Is anyone from ASUS reviewing these posts?

rk110 wrote:
I just upgraded to the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_42819 and still the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Is anyone from ASUS reviewing these posts?

I have had exactly the same problem. Apparently, few people use the MAC filter as we do. If my many years of regret with ASUS support tell me anything, we should keep our expectations low.

Thank you for the reply. It is good to know it was just not me.

If you happen to find any of other workaround than downgrading the firmware a few versions to update or decreasing the MAC filter items below the lower threshold (which really is not an option), please let me know. Hopefully someone at ASUS is reviewing these and may at least acknowledge if anything may be done about it.

Thanks again.

I have used the MAC filters in the past at close to their 64-entry limits without a problem on an RT-N56U. The malfunction you and I experience is relatively new - We both found an older code release in which the MAC filter worked properly. The bug has been there in several recent releases and for many months. ASUS should have found the problem on its own long ago during regression testing. It's evident that either ASUS regression test screens are incompetent or no one runs them or both. If ASUS were serious about fixing the problem, you would have received communication by now.
. If I find a trick that works without the wasted time and nuisance it takes to implement the band-aid you found, yes, I'll definitely pass it on.

Good news! I just installed the latest firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_44266 on the RT AX88U. It looks like from my initial testing, it fixes the MAC filter issue limit being lower than 64.

Thanks!