cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XIII Hero 9402 Bios Change Log

Reliantg
Level 7
I see Bios*9402 is posted but there is no change log, is there any where to find these changes?
12 REPLIES 12

menko2
Level 7
I second the question. No change log?

Ataemonus
Level 11
It is no longer posted, and since the version starts with 9, it's an Alpha version, so ... use at your own risk.
Probably new ME firmware and optimizations for 11th gen performance.

Ataemonus wrote:
It is no longer posted, and since the version starts with 9, it's an Alpha version, so ... use at your own risk.
Probably new ME firmware and optimizations for 11th gen performance.

Tank you you very much for the info.

I'm glad I didn't updated because I didn't know the 9 was for alpha bios.

I updated, oops. Nothing bad so far.

Also, it was not taken down. I still see it.

menko2
Level 7
I can also have it for download still.

Did you see any differences in the bios-menus?

Ataemonus
Level 11
I updated to it, no new ME firmware, just a few strange issues.
Not sure if those are there with the 0232 BIOS, but...I have VRM coil whine, presumably from the iGPU, when I use a video player that can use hardware QuickSync. However, the coil whine goes away briefly when I use the mouse scroll wheel or open a new tab in the browser.

PS. I see no new BIOS menu differences.

Ataemonus wrote:
I updated to it, no new ME firmware, just a few strange issues.
Not sure if those are there with the 0232 BIOS, but...I have VRM coil whine, presumably from the iGPU, when I use a video player that can use hardware QuickSync. However, the coil whine goes away briefly when I use the mouse scroll wheel or open a new tab in the browser.

PS. I see no new BIOS menu differences.

I also have VRM coil whine and not sure if related to bios update. I reduced the whine by turning off all intel speed enhancements like MCE, turbos etc and the coil whine was reduced quite a bit. Have you reverted to the org bios to see if you get whine still?

Ataemonus
Level 11
Nope, I will not bother with the original BIOS, probably makes no difference. My hope is that the first batches of the boards suffer from this issue and not the later ones, so for now I will return or sell the board and give it another shot later on, when the 11th series is available.