cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share some info for the latest bios from 2/9/21 for AM4 B550 WIFI GAMING

ivy037
Level 7
The main thing I see, at least from my newly built PC with 3900x and Gskill 32Gb 3600Mhz 16-19-19-19 Ram

NO MORE CRASH, NO MORE RANDOM REBOOT if DOCP is enabled

A stable BIOS, at least for this Board
So, it had something to do with AMD side 🙂

give it a try!
6 REPLIES 6

ERDNUSS
Level 7
Does not fix DOCP on my B550-F Gaming.

xeizo
Level 12
DOCP seldom works so far, setting timings/voltages manual works very well, so yes AMD is not for total beginners as of yet(unless someone helps them setting things up)

I remember a work mate who bough a Strix B450-F and a 3600X for his son and had problems, I tried to explain the basics for him but it was just over his head. I asked him a couple of months later and he hadn't even tried to fix the problems. That's the average Joe.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:
DOCP seldom works so far, setting timings/voltages manual works very well, so yes AMD is not for total beginners as of yet(unless someone helps them setting things up)

You need to set XMP Settings on Intel Systems too, the difference is, they usually work out of the box.
Can you show you the relevant BIOS Settings? Mine still doesn't work even though they are on Asus Memory QVL List...

just some added thoughts.... overclocking is always a gambling, if you got a nice chip, sure it will gain you additional 8-10% boost.
if not, then, crash and random reboot will be common

reading some threads at AMD forum, some folks still have problem even with everything at default setting

as this post pointed out, which is similar to my previous experience, when you do stress testing, no crash, stable. But when the system is idle, or you suddenly open something, crash happens..

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-5900x-system-constantly-crashing-restarting-whea-logge...

after complete power loss, the cold-start will affect, that the aura sync works from factory defaults, after windows is booted fully | windows user login. 😕

but TPM works fine 🙂

DOCP works fine for me

schm0
Level 10
I only have random reboots when I enable fmax enhancer.
Fmax does some undervolting? (like the curve optimizer for 5000 series?)
So I think this is an voltage issue. (too low voltage at some p states)

Increasing load line calibration to lvl2/3 seems to fix this issue.
Performance is better at full boost clock.
But in lower clocks/p-states the performance seems worse. (again too low voltage at some clocks/p-states, so it is either crashing or clock stretching)
Maybe it is better to use +voltage offset with fmax enhancer, idk....

D.C.O.P. works fine for me, except for a cold boot issue, but otherwise it is stable.