cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating drivers for chipset of Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Swiso
Level 9
Waiting for some parts still to arrive for my new PC, I was looking for the most recent drivers for the MB.
What you guys tipically do, when you update those drivers ? Check support page of your MB or you check directly at AMD ?

It look like some drivers on AMD are more recent....
8 REPLIES 8

uli1234
Level 7

Swiso
Level 9
Thanks uli1234,
I saw that page....my question is: usually you'll wait till the new stuff appear on the ASUS support page of your MB or go directly to AMD page ?

The Chipset driver size on the ASUS support page is 436.52MB (AMD Chipset Driver V5.12.0.38(V19.20.28) for Windows 10 64-bit.(WHQL), meanwhile the version on AMD site is version 2.13.27.501and size 51 MB....
Why such a difference ?
And why no sequence on the designation number ?

Assuming a first and clean install of you MB, which drivers you would go with ?
thanks

Swiso wrote:
Thanks uli1234,
I saw that page....my question is: usually you'll wait till the new stuff appear on the ASUS support page of your MB or go directly to AMD page ?

The Chipset driver size on the ASUS support page is 436.52MB (AMD Chipset Driver V5.12.0.38(V19.20.28) for Windows 10 64-bit.(WHQL), meanwhile the version on AMD site is version 2.13.27.501and size 51 MB....
Why such a difference ?
And why no sequence on the designation number ?

Assuming a first and clean install of you MB, which drivers you would go with ?
thanks

Hi,

From the support page of your motherboard : Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package
From AMD support page or from my thread : Chipset Drivers Package

I therefore advise you to install the version which comes from AMD or from my thread.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

From the support page of your motherboard : Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package
From AMD support page or from my thread : Chipset Drivers Package

I therefore advise you to install the version which comes from AMD or from my thread.

Thank you !
By iGPU you mean the GPU drivers right ?

Swiso wrote:
Thank you !

You're welcome,

No, there is no mistake, I meant iGPU, GPUs having dedicated drivers packages.

- Chipset Drivers Package : For AMD CPU on AMD Chipset (can be used for AMD APU (CPU+iGPU) but GPU Drivers Package is necessary in addition)
- Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package : For AMD APU (CPU+iGPU) on AMD Chipset (can be used for AMD CPU but iGPU Drivers Package will not be used)
- GPU Drivers Package : For AMD GPU and AMD iGPU

Now if your question is rather, why ASUS put a package with iGPU drivers when there is no Threadripper APU ? Probably a mistake on their part, you have to ask them.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Swiso wrote:
Thank you !

You're welcome,

- Chipset Drivers Package : For AMD CPU on AMD Chipset (can be used for AMD APU (CPU+iGPU) but GPU Drivers Package is necessary in addition)
- Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package : For AMD APU (CPU+iGPU) on AMD Chipset (can be used for AMD CPU but iGPU Drivers will not be used)
- GPU Drivers Package : For AMD GPU and AMD iGPU

Now if your question is rather, why ASUS put a Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package in your motherboard support page when there is no Threadripper APU ? Probably a mistake on their part, you have to ask them.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Swiso wrote:
Thank you !

You're welcome,

- Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package : For AMD APU (CPU+iGPU) on AMD Chipset (can be used for AMD CPU but iGPU Drivers will not be used)
- GPU Drivers Package : For AMD GPU (can be used for AMD iGPU if Chipset Drivers Package (without iGPU Drivers) is installed)

Now if your question is rather, why ASUS put a Chipset + iGPU Drivers Package in your motherboard support page when there is no Threadripper APU ? Probably a mistake on their part, you have to ask them.

Swiso
Level 9
Ah..I see it now...
Thank you very much.
All clear now.