cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build - Rampage & 3930K

respawn2k
Level 7
Hi there,
I'm currently looking for a new config and here is what i've put on my shopping cart :

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
CPU intel 3930K
Ventirad BEquiet! DArk ROCK PRO
MEMORY KHX2133C11D3K4/8GX
VGA ENGTX680-2GD5
POWER SUPPLY be quiet! Dark Power Pro 750W
Tower NZXT Phantom White
SSD ADATA S511 6gbits 120gb (2x) raid or not raid ?

So few questions :

Memory is correct ? usefull to have 2133 ? I see everybody going for Gskill etc, you don't like Hyperx ?
What do you think about power supply ?
And about the ventirad ?
Will you put SSD in raid or not ?

This computer is for gaming 😉

You think i can improve something ? or change ?

thanks a lot,
Oliver
6 REPLIES 6

WHO_FARTED_
Level 10
right off hand the first thing that comes to mind is the psu, make sure it has the right connectors/rails.
second, you probly wont see an improvement with a higher speed ram. i would get a GOOD 1600mhz with a good xmp,
ssd's in raid will be faster, but as far as gamimg only a slight gain. loading stuff->FASTER. we are talking seconds, they are faster w/o a raid too.
keep in mind your internet speed if your mowin fools down online, a $2500 computer wont compensate for crappy internet speeds....mmm thats just my opinion.

my internet connection rox : fiber100 😉
i'll check for the psu and memory...

The problem with raid 0 is that when one ssd crash you loose everything and it's boring ^^
I'll try to install w7 on the first ssd then games on the second one 😉

YOu need special connectivity for mb 2011skt ? more than for a Skt1155 ?

the memory that i've choosen is not "good" ?
Kingston hyperX looks great no ?

WHO_FARTED_
Level 10
yea raid 0 is the striping, there are used as one. so if 1 dies you lose everything. the RIVE uses 1- 8 pin atx, 1- 4pin atx . as well as 24 pin power connectors.

New question what wc would you choose?

I'vr never use watercooling but i want something that work well and low noise.

Could you help me please?
I want it for cpu, gpu and peraps chipset if needed???

I use an ek sumpreme ltx block for the cpu, ek block for a gtx580, swiftech 655 pump and 220 rad. They all work really good. im not crazy about the ek vga block (not for performance) because it was a booger to put on, and because its not nickel. it had spacers that had to go on in between the block and vga, your supposed to use grease to hold them in place but its aggravating to get 4 or 5 screws in then have a spacer out of whack and have to re-do everything. theres a lot of searching and a lil reasearching to make sure you get the right ones depending on how you want to do your setup. All I can do is suggest since my hardware isnt the same but I can try to help with the setup. As far as the chipset, i dont know if i'd bother unless you have the extra time and $$.

frisianbear2002
Level 9
Nice config looking good:)
l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal