Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Rampage VI Omega VRM Fans NOt turning off Despite below 60C VRM Temps!

    Does anyone know how to get these little fans to turn off? VRM is 45C and they are still on and even in the bios when I set to 0 RPM it doesn't work along with the temp limits!!!!

    They are constantly on at 11% and this is very annoying. What I should have clairified is 11% is the lowest they go instead of zero.
    Last edited by nyxagamemnon; 02-18-2019 at 11:08 AM.

  2. #2
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    178
    Posts
    2,335

    Hi,

    1. Can you confirm the UEFI version?

    2. Do the fans work ok on Auto?

    3. Have you attempted to adjust the fan curve?

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Hi,

    1. Can you confirm the UEFI version?

    2. Do the fans work ok on Auto?

    3. Have you attempted to adjust the fan curve?
    1. 504
    2. I'll place them on auto and. Reply back.
    3.i can adjust the fan curve just fine but it won't t let me go below 11% . I can go 11-100. That is in aisuite.

  4. #4
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    178
    Posts
    2,335

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxagamemnon View Post
    1. 504
    2. I'll place them on auto and. Reply back.
    3.i can adjust the fan curve just fine but it won't t let me go below 11% . I can go 11-100. That is in aisuite.
    Ok, please report back with how the fans operate in Auto.

    Can you confirm the AI Suite version? Please adjust the curve from within the UEFI and see if this results in the same.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    784

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxagamemnon View Post
    Does anyone know how to get these little fans to turn off? VRM is 45C and they are still on and even in the bios when I set to 0 RPM it doesn't work along with the temp limits!!!!

    They are constantly on at 11% and this is very annoying. What I should have clairified is 11% is the lowest they go instead of zero.
    Hi I couldn’t repro , fans only spin for a short moment during the part of booting before bios menu for me.
    The header is on a 4 pin right beside the cpu fan headers could it be that you somehow squeezed it off position and has bad contact at pwm pin?

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    Hi I couldn’t repro , fans only spin for a short moment during the part of booting before bios menu for me.
    The header is on a 4 pin right beside the cpu fan headers could it be that you somehow squeezed it off position and has bad contact at pwm pin?

    1. Header is in place no issue
    2. IN the bios I can goto ez mode set to 0 fans will turn off works as normal.
    3. In AI Suite fans don't go below 11% Bios it goes to 0. I have the only version from the Website that's listed under the OMEGA. The Bios curve and AI suite curve are Not the same!.

    Ai Suite version is Version 3.00.36 2019/01/04160.61 MBytes

    -AISuite3
    -ASUS AI Suite 3 V3.00.36 Install Program for Windows 10 64-bit.
    -DIP5 -ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5 V1.06.67 for Windows 10 64-bit.
    -PC Cleaner -ASUS PC Cleaner V1.06.67 for Windows 10 64-bit.
    -EZUpdate -ASUS EZ Update V2.03.20 for Windows 10 64-bit.

    https://i.imgur.com/n4IIXmq.png

    Case in point red bar = 11% Fan says can go 0-100%

    But to have Shamino respond haha Would never have guessed you would!
    Last edited by nyxagamemnon; 02-18-2019 at 12:28 PM.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Ok, please report back with how the fans operate in Auto.

    Can you confirm the AI Suite version? Please adjust the curve from within the UEFI and see if this results in the same.
    I can adjust the curve from F7 EZ mode and it will work but the curve isn't the same in AI suite won't go below 11%. BTW guys the auto fan tuning is the stupidest thing ever I hate it. I just want full control of 0-100 without "Auto tune that limits my range so much" For the love of god allow a power user to set whatever percentage we want and not Auto tune it via AI Suite 3. I miss that from the old Rampage V Extreme. I don't need it to limit my lower range if I want to run my fans at less than X percentage. I believe the auto tune screwed it up and won't let it goto 0 to turn it off.


    I uninstalled the AI suite and fans are not coming on and following the bios curve and it seems ai suite is the problem. Yeah so I can't put my CPU fan in "Extreme quite mode unless I run Auto tune which then screws up the VRM heatsink fans and makes them not goto 0 and down to 11% as the lowest.. Lol

    Seriously just allow full 0-100% control for the user as a default and then let them run auto tune. If they want I think I can manage to set my fan speeds if I can build a custom loop and a pc from scratch.....

    So Just install the AI suite on the motherboards page hit auto tune and watch it never turn off and not allow you to go below 11%

    Please fix!


    **Update** So I shut the pc down unplugged the CPU Fan put it on an aquero and now for some reason the vrm fans are not stuck at 11% but the red line is @ 11% but there off? So yeah there is something buggy going on with AI suite.

    **Another update** never mind the top update it's bugged out still

    https://i.imgur.com/kuAqLpF.png

    Lol the dot is in two places 0 and 11% but as you can see it's running at 11% (Ignore the cpu 0000 I moved it off the header.
    Last edited by nyxagamemnon; 02-18-2019 at 01:25 PM.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    I also have the same problem, I cant get the RPM of the VRM fans below 11 percent, no matter how low the temperture. everything below 11 percent is red for the curve, so it does not let me adjust it downward to 0

  9. #9
    ROG Junior Member Array EazyRyder PC Specs
    EazyRyder PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI APEX X299
    ProcessorINTEL I9 7900x
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 3333MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB (CMR32GX4M4C3333C16)
    Graphics Card #1ZOTAC GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME
    MonitorASUS MG279Q 1440P/144HZ GAMING MONITOR
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB SSD & WD CAVIAR BLACK HDD 2TB
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR HYDRO H150i PRO RGB 360MM AIO COOLER
    CasePHANTEKS ENTHOO PRIMO REV 2
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard NANOXIA NCORE RETRO MECHANICAL
    Mouse Tt eSPORTS LEVEL 10 M ADVANCED LASER GAMING
    Mouse Pad AULA VARANUS KOMODODENSIS
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE GIGAWORKS T40 SERIES II
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    EazyRyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by dandan112988 View Post
    I also have the same problem, I cant get the RPM of the VRM fans below 11 percent, no matter how low the temperture. everything below 11 percent is red for the curve, so it does not let me adjust it downward to 0
    Having the same issue on my rampage VI extreme encore.
    Has this issue still not been sorted after all this time??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •