cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU tweak II with KB4601319 security update issue

twanmal
Level 7
Hey together,

I have an issue with GPU tweak II : every time I activate the OSD, other programs crash to desktop. After uninstalling and reinstalling the windows security update KB4601319 I can confirm this update is causing this behavior and it happens with every version of GPU tweak II. Can someone confirm ?

regards
Antoine
7 REPLIES 7

katlani
Level 9
OSD is crashing other apps like AI Suite III, etc..
So yes, you are not the only one.

It would be good if the program was updated as soon as possible!

jlsnet
Level 7
twanmal wrote:
Hey together,

I have an issue with GPU tweak II : every time I activate the OSD, other programs crash to desktop. After uninstalling and reinstalling the windows security update KB4601319 I can confirm this update is causing this behavior and it happens with every version of GPU tweak II. Can someone confirm ?

regards
Antoine

Hi,

On my PC uninstalling the KB4601319 solves the problem also, so the problem might really come from there.

Regards,
JLS

Samson-Blue
Level 7
twanmal wrote:
Hey together,

regards
Antoine

yes KB4601319 broke asus gpu tweak 2.

even if I would open a say notepad the window would close after 5 seconds I did a clean in stall of the OS and different drivers no joy.

I should have known that windows update broke stuff again as a few years ago a windows update stopped me from using my native instruments hardware.

I always joke and say to people ok what as windows broken now well I have paused all updates and will keep rolling that pause date back even edit the group policy editor if I have to and stop updates full stop.

I missed my Asus gpu tweak so I tried msi afterburner and NVidia performance tool and they are ok but I need asus gpu tweak to set the OC and to see my temps and now I have it back.

thank you for the fix and taking time to post

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey Guys, GPU Tweak II V2.3.0.3 will be available online within the next 24 hours. It will resolve the conflict with the KB4601319 security update.

[update], yes, it solved the problem, I was still running the old one
for me it did not sove the probleme...

V2.3.0.3 seems only to be working fine, when the removal tool is used before installation... ^^