cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 wifi issue ?

robmp11
Level 7
I have a GT-AX11000 and a new laptop dell G7 7700 with wifi 6 support could be my settings in the router but I pay for comcast 1gig service and do a speed test but only get around 466 down shouldn't I get faster download speeds on AX ? laptop is in same room as router and firmware is up to date 3.0.0.4.386.41700 and dell drivers up to date. Also have a hp laptop with Ax support getting the same.
3 REPLIES 3

Saltgrass
Level 13
I suppose the first question is are you using a Gateway for the ISP and if so are you bypassing the built-in router components?

Since AX is the wireless component, do you get normal speeds with ethernet?

If you open Win 10 Settings-Network & Internet-Status-Properties, what link speed are you showing? The 5G_2 radio is only 1x1 so its link speed should be 1201Mbps or so.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I suppose the first question is are you using a Gateway for the ISP and if so are you bypassing the built-in router components?

Since AX is the wireless component, do you get normal speeds with ethernet?

If you open Win 10 Settings-Network & Internet-Status-Properties, what link speed are you showing? The 5G_2 radio is only 1x1 so its link speed should be 1201Mbps or so.

yes the fiber modem/router of the isp is set to brigde mode, and i use the ax11000 to connect to the isp modem using pppoe

also my computers are connected to the ax11000 using lan cable, only gadgets and phones are using either wifi 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz_1 pr 5Ghz_2

ive trace some of the mac and thier either a ipad or mobile phone or gadgets like the xiaomi Mi fan (its a rechargeble electrric fan with wifi to control it)

Sorry to high jack and older thread but I am having this exact same issue, but ironically with an Asus laptop. In my case the WiFi link speed is being reported at 1.2Ghz but I cant get above 700Mbps, usually it sits closer to 600Mbps.

in my case I got normal speeds when connected with Ethernet so I know the connection to the ISP is working ok, it just seems to be an issue with the router/WiFi.

Is it likely I might get better results if I made 5g_1 my WiFi 6 only channel instead of 5G_2?