cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ASUS TUF FX506LI-HN039T// Blue Screen

Kalas8
Level 7
Hi, i think i have done all i can, but i still get this blue screen (DPC_WHATCHDOG_VIOLATION). At this point i really don´t know what to do or where i should ask, so i´m kinda desperated. I will make a summary of this in 2 parts, because there´s an important part in this story: before and after my laptop was checked by the official technical support in my country, Chile.

Before the Technical support:
- I kept having blue screens over 4 weeks since i got the laptop, this started since the 1st week. I updated everything since i got it, using MY ASUS, Armoury Crate to check everything, including windows update. So, i got the latest BIOS, WIN10 updates and asus APPS.
- This blue screens are showing just when i start the laptop, never when i´m using it, and not everytime i start it, it´s kinda random just when it starts.
- Yes, i have checked everywhere on the internet, and all they say it´s a software problem.
- I contacted the official Asus Support 4 times and did this as it follows:
1 - Changed some configurations in divices manager (sorry, i don´t know how it´s called in english). It was Network related and i am sorry, i can´t remember which of them.
2- Restored the laptop to factory configurations from windows 10.
3- Restored the laptop from 0, giving a hard reset with a usb flash memory.
4- Since there wasn´t a solution, Asus told me take the laptop to the official technical support, and i did it.

After i got it from the Technical support:
- I updated everything (it was like a month ago). It seems they opened the laptop because the screws got some scartches in the paint.
- I Paused the windows 10 updates with the most time posible (until before yesterday).
- Nope, the blue screen didn´t showed up again until then.
- Today i started my laptop after updating it (had to, got out of time with the update pause). AND THERE WE GO AGAIN, DPC_WHATCHDOG_VIOLATION.
- I restored my laptop to a point some days ago (01/Feb/21) where it used to work, and see if it shows again.

So here i am now, wondering if i should take the laptop to the technical support again, finding another way to stop updates w/o external apps and getting desperated with no solutions.
I think that my best option now is just force windows10 to stop updates, maybe it´s actually a software problem, because it was OK before i had to update. But all of this is just a temporary solution...

Please help me :(!!!
6 REPLIES 6

syyyap
Level 7
try disable windows fast startup

I actually disabled windows update with an external app and didn´t get the blue screen again. Problem is... at some point i know i will have to update. IDK how to disable the fast win10 start, but i will have it as an option for then, ty!

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

no BSOD for me since disabled for 2 weeks now

Now i started getting problems with the screen refresh rate app and the laptop gets stuck randomly so... i´m afraid i have to update lol.

I´ll disable the fast start up and see what happens, ty man

EDIT: It has been more than a week and never got the BSOD again, i guess it was the problem all along. TYVM man, i could update and stop the laptop from being stuck and also, stop that anoying blue screen.

i had a few BSOD for the past 1 month. it randomly happens while booting up right after plugging or unplugging the power.

btw, does your USB works after windows sleep? i have to replug my mouse receiver every time after windows wake from sleep.

At first i though it happened just when i didn´t have the power plugged, but it didn´t matter, had BSOD with both situations. Right now, i have been using the laptop w/o the fast booting (like you said) and never got it again, let´s hope it was the problem all along.

About the USB Issue, i never had such a thing, i actually allways use a wired mouse with it and never got it. Try to do the same with your mouse with another laptop, it could me the problem (or your laptop with another mouse, just to discard that).

For now i still don´t update to 309bios, i still have the 307 just to be sure (and it has been working perfect, don´t want more problems, honestly)