cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG DIIMM.2 HS Riser Thermal sensors

Joe45
Level 7
I have a Rampage VI Extreme Omega MB, and I'm just getting around to installing 2 more M.2s using the DIMM.2 expansion module. I just took the heat sink covers off and noticed there are 2 tempature terminals on the board. I think they monitor the M.2 tempatures but I'm not sure because the manual does say anything about them; (Thank You Asus).

Do they monitor the M.2 Temps and if so how do I connect them to get a reading ?

I tried looking this up but the only thing I could find was mentioning they are there. I don't want to connect something and be wrong resulting in a expolsion; that would be bad.

Has anyone hooked them up and if so please tell me how and what they monitor ?

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Hopper64
Level 15
I haven't connected anything for my Intel 905p, but I do have temp readings on the Intel memory and storage tool. I suspect other SSD manufacturers have the same capability with their tools as well. I'm not sure of this though.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30161/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-GUI-

Edit:Just checked Samsung magician has a temp reading too.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
I haven't connected anything for my Intel 905p, but I do have temp readings on the Intel memory and storage tool. I suspect other SSD manufacturers have the same capability with their tools as well. I'm not sure of this though.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30161/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-GUI-

Edit:Just checked Samsung magician has a temp reading too.

Hopper,

Thank you for your response; I just found out what they are and how they work from Asus support. The terminals are for connecting thermal sensors. The terminals can read sensors placed around the motheerboard. I'm going to buy two 10k ohm sensors, shorten the wire lead and install a 2 pin dupont connector. I'll then install them on both sides of the DIMM.2 so I can monitor monitor the M.2 SSD cards. I think the tempatures will show up in Armoury Crate..not sure but I'll find out.

Joe45 wrote:
Hopper,

Thank you for your response; I just found out what they are and how they work from Asus support. The terminals are for connecting thermal sensors. The terminals can read sensors placed around the motheerboard. I'm going to buy two 10k ohm sensors, shorten the wire lead and install a 2 pin dupont connector. I'll then install them on both sides of the DIMM.2 so I can monitor monitor the M.2 SSD cards. I think the tempatures will show up in Armoury Crate..not sure but I'll find out.

All work out fine. The temps show in AISuite and Bios

Hopper64
Level 15
Let us know what you find.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Will do.
Just have to get the parts together.
Should have it all done by next week. 😄

Hopper64
Level 15
That’s really cool. Thanks for the update. Is there any advantage to this compared to monitoring the temperature via SSD software? Any pictures of your upgrade?