cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG-G752VY touchpad buttons problem

JVent
Level 7
Hello all,

I love this laptop and it has been working perfectly, but for a long time the mousepad buttons do not work. Mousepad itself I can use it to move cursor, but no gesture (multifinger or simple taps) work. I use mostly an external mouse, so it's only annoying when I need to move laptop to TV or bed to watch a movie, etc. So been living with this now for years and putting off trying to fix it, and now found forums for another thing so why not ask the community for some help.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1st question would be, is it a hardware problem? I can move the cursor but the buttons do not work. I searched but could not find, do we have a way in this laptop to access a diagnostic mode through BIOS to test if this is a real hardware issue, and not an issue in windows? I have already uninstalled and installed the newest ATK and touchpad drivers from asus website.

If no suggestions I might look at opening up laptop (I have done this with other laptops, and with this one to clean cooling system - would have to search for a service manual, always makes it safer) and looking if cables are loose or not. But for that it would be useful 1st to know if it is a hardware problem or not, hence why I am thinking diagnostic mode. Or could use a Windows installation USB to boot into it and see if the button works?

2nd question would be, as an alternative it would be handy to be able to use the touchpad to click on things. Tap = left click, tap and hold right click. But I cannot find how to enable this. If I open Asus Smart Gesture app, I have One Finger Tap to Select and Double Tap to Activate both enabled, but they are not working. Any ideas how to get this to work? This would help mitigate if I can't fix the thing above.

Thanks!

Juan
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
JVent wrote:
Hello all,

I love this laptop and it has been working perfectly, but for a long time the mousepad buttons do not work. Mousepad itself I can use it to move cursor, but no gesture (multifinger or simple taps) work. I use mostly an external mouse, so it's only annoying when I need to move laptop to TV or bed to watch a movie, etc. So been living with this now for years and putting off trying to fix it, and now found forums for another thing so why not ask the community for some help.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1st question would be, is it a hardware problem? I can move the cursor but the buttons do not work. I searched but could not find, do we have a way in this laptop to access a diagnostic mode through BIOS to test if this is a real hardware issue, and not an issue in windows? I have already uninstalled and installed the newest ATK and touchpad drivers from asus website.

If no suggestions I might look at opening up laptop (I have done this with other laptops, and with this one to clean cooling system - would have to search for a service manual, always makes it safer) and looking if cables are loose or not. But for that it would be useful 1st to know if it is a hardware problem or not, hence why I am thinking diagnostic mode. Or could use a Windows installation USB to boot into it and see if the button works?

2nd question would be, as an alternative it would be handy to be able to use the touchpad to click on things. Tap = left click, tap and hold right click. But I cannot find how to enable this. If I open Asus Smart Gesture app, I have One Finger Tap to Select and Double Tap to Activate both enabled, but they are not working. Any ideas how to get this to work? This would help mitigate if I can't fix the thing above.

Thanks!

Juan

Check your touch pad setting usually the default is to turn off when a mouse is present. the buttons sound like they are physically not working Pad replacement would be required to fix that.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I use the following driver for my G752VSK touchpad:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL552VXK/Touchpad_ASUS_Win10_64_VER110030.zip

Install the Intel Serial IO GPIO Driver before installing the touchpad driver:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/SerialIO/SerialIO_Intel_Win10_64_VER3010016333...
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server