Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

ROG Strix Scar 15 BIOS version confusion + Turbo mode issues

Hi,

I bought the laptop recently (G533QR variant to be exact) and I'm loving it. I have one concern regarding BIOS updates. I updated to BIOS 311 as soon as it was available but I can see now it's gone both from the website and MyAsus app.

What is the reason? Should I downgrade to 309 version because 311 is problematic? One thing I noticed, on Turbo profile I have stability problems in games, as soon as I switch to Performance or Manual with ~90Mhz core boost, the crashes are gone.

Thanks!

ROG Member Array

I have the same issue. Laptop has been auto - apdated to 3.11 bios, but on the page of G733Q the newest is 3.09... Strange

Moderator Array

Dear both,
    Thank you for reporting it.
    I will consult related department for more information about why it is not on the website.
    Please don't worry about it.
    If there is any issue, let me know anytime.
    Last edited by Blake@ROG; 03-02-2021 at 07:29 AM.

New ROGer Array

I own scar15 G533QR 2021 model and i am facing a peculiar issue. The issue is that whenever i turn on Turbo mode during gaming the game crashes but it doen't happen so in silent and performance mode. This issue began after i updated the geforce experience drivers to its latest version and afterwards i downgraded it and checked but still the problem persisits. I hope Asus can solve this issue.

Edit: The problem is Fixed, The issue was 466.27 was not removed and it still was installed instead of 466.11 and i just clean installed 466.11. Its an nvidia driver issue not hardware issue.
    Last edited by kiranbaby14; 05-01-2021 at 06:03 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by kiranbaby14 View Post
    I own scar15 G533Q 2021 model and i am facing a peculiar issue. The issue is that whenever i turn on Turbo mode during gaming the game crashes but it doen't happen so in silent and performance mode. This issue began after i updated the geforce experience drivers to its latest version and afterwards i downgraded it and checked but still the problem persisits. I hope Asus can solve this issue.
    I have the same issue after upgrade the latest nvidia drivers...but after downgrade to 466.11 with clean install now works fine again..

New ROGer Array

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by souliar7 View Post
    I have the same issue after upgrade the latest nvidia drivers...but after downgrade to 466.11 with clean install now works fine again..
    yeah the issue was 466.27 was not removed and it still was installed instead of 466.11 now when i clean installed 466.11 drivers its working fine but in 466.27 its crashing so its a driver issue and i thought it was a hardware issue and thank God that wasn't the case. Hope nvidia can fix it.
    Last edited by kiranbaby14; 05-01-2021 at 05:54 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hey and do you have whispermode2.0 not ready on turbo and performance mode while charging and its fine on silent and on battery problem in geforce experience?

New ROGer Array

Hey and do you have whispermode2.0 not ready on turbo and performance mode while charging and its fine on silent and on battery problem in geforce experience?
    Yes works all fine...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	88550

New ROGer Array

Yes works all fine...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	88550
    well can u check that while charging on turbo mode because thats when it gets disabled for me, rest works fine.
    >first put on turbo mode
    >then open geforce experience and check

New ROGer Array

well can u check that while charging on turbo mode because thats when it gets disabled for me, rest works fine.
    >first put on turbo mode
    >then open geforce experience and check
    I check and the whisper mode is disabled for turbo mode...works only with the manual mode and max fan!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast