cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scar 15 BIOS version confusion + Turbo mode issues

dyskograf
Level 7
Hi,

I bought the laptop recently (G533QR variant to be exact) and I'm loving it. I have one concern regarding BIOS updates. I updated to BIOS 311 as soon as it was available but I can see now it's gone both from the website and MyAsus app.

What is the reason? Should I downgrade to 309 version because 311 is problematic? One thing I noticed, on Turbo profile I have stability problems in games, as soon as I switch to Performance or Manual with ~90Mhz core boost, the crashes are gone.

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

sebarkh
Level 9
I have the same issue. Laptop has been auto - apdated to 3.11 bios, but on the page of G733Q the newest is 3.09... Strange

Blake1
Level 10
Dear both,
Thank you for reporting it.
I will consult related department for more information about why it is not on the website.
Please don't worry about it.
If there is any issue, let me know anytime.

I own scar15 G533QR 2021 model and i am facing a peculiar issue. The issue is that whenever i turn on Turbo mode during gaming the game crashes but it doen't happen so in silent and performance mode. This issue began after i updated the geforce experience drivers to its latest version and afterwards i downgraded it and checked but still the problem persisits. I hope Asus can solve this issue.

Edit: The problem is Fixed, The issue was 466.27 was not removed and it still was installed instead of 466.11 and i just clean installed 466.11. Its an nvidia driver issue not hardware issue:D.

kiranbaby14 wrote:
I own scar15 G533Q 2021 model and i am facing a peculiar issue. The issue is that whenever i turn on Turbo mode during gaming the game crashes but it doen't happen so in silent and performance mode. This issue began after i updated the geforce experience drivers to its latest version and afterwards i downgraded it and checked but still the problem persisits. I hope Asus can solve this issue.
I have the same issue after upgrade the latest nvidia drivers...but after downgrade to 466.11 with clean install now works fine again..

souliar7 wrote:
I have the same issue after upgrade the latest nvidia drivers...but after downgrade to 466.11 with clean install now works fine again..

yeah the issue was 466.27 was not removed and it still was installed instead of 466.11 now when i clean installed 466.11 drivers its working fine but in 466.27 its crashing so its a driver issue;) and i thought it was a hardware issue and thank God that wasn't the case. Hope nvidia can fix it.

kiranbaby14 wrote:
yeah the issue was 466.27 was not removed and it still was installed instead of 466.11 now when i clean installed 466.11 drivers its working fine but in 466.27 its crashing so its a driver issue;) and i thought it was a hardware issue and thank God that wasn't the case. Hope nvidia can fix it.

i am also facing the same problem please help me i have the scar15 2021 laptop games are continously crashing on my laptop we turbo mode is active.

Arnold Anthony wrote:
i am also facing the same problem please help me i have the scar15 2021 laptop games are continously crashing on my laptop we turbo mode is active.

You can use DDU to completely remove nvidia drivers and then clean install 466.11.

or i assume the issue you are facing is that u have downloaded and installed 466.11 without using DDU but its still showing 466.27 in control panel. if so, then open geforce experience and then click on reinstall driver for 466.11 and it will download the driver again and then install it

At first when i had the turbo mode issue i went to the nvidia driver site then manually downloaded and installed 466.11 but 466.27 was still showing in control panel as the installed driver version and in geforce experience it was showing 466.11 as the installed version but when i clicked on reinstall driver it started to download again LOL. afterwards installed it again and then the driver installed on my system was 466.11.

souliar7 wrote:

Hey and do you have whispermode2.0 not ready on turbo and performance mode while charging and its fine on silent and on battery problem in geforce experience?

kiranbaby14 wrote:
Hey and do you have whispermode2.0 not ready on turbo and performance mode while charging and its fine on silent and on battery problem in geforce experience?

Yes works all fine...88550