ROG Member Array edplaysdrums PC Specs
    edplaysdrums PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Dark Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    Memory (part number)CMK128GX4M4E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1TUF 3080 OC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    Power SupplyROG STRIX 850W

Well I changed over to to the Corsair PSU and got a crash within the first half hour of the computer being on.

Interestingly the crash was slightly different this time: I got 2 nvlddmkm stopped responding messages one after the other and both screens went out until I replugged them.

Is this a coincidence or indicative of a power issue?

It's definitely not a memory problem as I have RMAd the previous set and thoroughly tested the replacement.
    It's almost certainly not a GFX card problem as I got the same error with 2 different cards.

Next step is to try plugging the computer in directly to the wall socket instead of running it off a power strip, as Expletivium suggested.

Any other suggestions very welcome, as I'm really starting to pull my hair out with this issue!

New ROGer Array DavidT75 PC Specs
    DavidT75 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-32GTRSC
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X trio
    CPU CoolerBEQUIET Dark Rock Pro 4
    Power SupplyCorsair RMX 850

Did you still have this issue?
    I have a 5950x, a msi 3080 trio gaming x, an asus strix b550-f gaming wifi, a Corsair rmx 850
    I had this issue for 1 months (random black screen, nvlddmkm crash..), it was 4 months ago.
    It make me totally crazy.

I switch my corsair ddr4 for 2X16 gskill royal 3600 cl16..
    I reinstall win10 from scratch.
    Test every bios, drivers..
    ..same problem.. display crash.
    I was sure it was some memory issue

Until I try to unplug and plug again my RTX. But it was near impossible because of the MB pci express clip and my big dark rock pro.
    So I give up 30 min after trying to remove it.

But after that.. no more issue. Everything run flawless, absoluty perfect... not a single crash for 3/4 months

I think it was some kind of bad contact between my RTX 3080 and the MB (very weird because I am pretty sure, it was correctly plug)..
    I hope it can help you

-sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by DavidT75; 04-04-2021 at 08:10 PM.

edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

Hey, thanks for your reply. I hadn't seen it until now because after plugging the PSU directly to the wall I seemed to have solved the problem...until just now... Another black screen nvlddmkm crash!

I'll try reseating the GPU although from what I remember I got this crash with it in either slot.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edplaysdrums View Post
    Congrats mate! Glad you got it sorted out. Unfortunately I'm still battling with daily crashes. I tried disabling the time out thing, but that meant that the next crash just completely hung the computer until I hard-reset it.

I'm now trying the power options you suggested, so we'll see what happens with that. I think the next step will be to RMA the PSU.
    Have you tried changing out the Display Port cable for both screens, or alternatively only running one panel to see if this helps?

I'm aware you tried with a different memory kit, but make sure XMP/DOCP is not applied when troubleshooting.

edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Have you tried changing out the Display Port cable for both screens, or alternatively only running one panel to see if this helps?

I'm aware you tried with a different memory kit, but make sure XMP/DOCP is not applied when troubleshooting.
    Both screens are connected via HDMI. Have tried using DP, and/or using just one panel as you suggested - still crashes unfortunately.

Memory is running without DOCP currently. I had DOCP on briefly to check the memory itself was fine (passed all tests) and then switched it off again for troubleshooting.

Thanks for your continued assistance!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

I think this link will totally help out, https://appuals.com/fix-display-driv...lly-recovered/

I really hope it is not the motherboard because you have to take it out right?
    Sincerely,
    Legolas

edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

Unhappy

After running on one panel, on either DP or HDMI, set to a range of different resolutions with GSync on and off - I'm still getting these crashes.

Have tried different PCIe slots, reseating the card, cleaning the contacts - still getting crashes.

I've tried literally everything that's been suggested on this thread, and around the net and nothing seems to make a difference.

Is there any point me contacting Asus support directly? Last time I tried they just pushed me to Nvidia, who then pushed me back to Asus. I am getting a bit tired of this problem - this build cost me thousands and I was really hoping it would be more stable than this.

Mastermind19 Array

Hi Edplaysdrums,

I check internally, it seems to be a problem with your VGA driver. Please install the latest driver from the VGA official website.
    If you still have the same problem after installation of the VGA driver, please PM me with detail information like specifications, and drivers version. Thanks in advance.
    Thomas
    Sincerely,
    TY

edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_yiu@ROG View Post
    Hi Edplaysdrums,

I check internally, it seems to be a problem with your VGA driver. Please install the latest driver from the VGA official website.
    If you still have the same problem after installation of the VGA driver, please PM me with detail information like specifications, and drivers version. Thanks in advance.
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas, should I install the latest Game Ready Driver or Studio driver? I'm already running the latest Studio one.

Thanks

Mastermind19 Array

Hello Edplaysdrums,

Please install Game Ready driver to see if that resolve the issue.

Thomas
    Sincerely,
    TY

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast