edplaysdrums PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair Dark Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    Memory (part number)CMK128GX4M4E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1TUF 3080 OC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    Power SupplyROG STRIX 850W

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    Have you tried to run the PCIE slot the GPU is in at GEN 3 instead of auto? I have to run like this because the riser cable I have installed or i get the same kind of issues as you. That why I asked about the riser cable. Im wondering if maybe your CPU has issues with GEN 4 even though you aren't using a riser cable. Anyways something to try.
    I did try that back when I first built the computer using the 3090 but I've changed cards and reinstalled windows since then so I'll definitely give it another try.

New ROGer Array edplaysdrums PC Specs
    edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

In the process of doing every possible test I could think of I ran memtest again overnight and got several errors so have RMA'd the ram and replaced it with some older 4x16gb@2400 sticks in the meantime.

Is it possible that memory errors could result in graphics driver crashes at higher power loads?

ROG Enthusiast Array Doco PC Specs
    Doco PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Dark Hero X570
    Processor5900x
    Memory (part number)TDPPD432G3200HC14ADC01
    Graphics Card #1980ti
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorLg27g850-b
    Storage #11tb 970 Evo Plus
    Storage #24tb Seagate HDD
    CPU CoolerEk Monblock
    CaseNzxt 820 Phantom
    Power SupplySeasonic X-850
    Keyboard Cyborg V7
    Mouse R.A.T. 7
    Headset HD650
    Mouse Pad XFX Warpad
    OS Windows 10

Ive recently been having similar issues as yourself but not completely the same- rhe main difference is I have not gotten - Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Nor any apps crashing, however over the past 2 weeks I have been getting alot of games just crashing to desktop, games I've been playing for months suddenly crash to desktop no warning

To cut a long story short what I changed has given me 2 days straight issue free, I had enabled PBO from within the amd overclocking tab, with the limits set to motherboard- ai made no changes to the curve optimizer, I had previously had PBO enabled from I a different way - the tab that let's you enable the dynamic OC for the dark hero, I had forgotten I had changed where I had enabled PBO after a disassemble and reassemble for some water cooling maintenance

Just thought I'd post this on the off chance the issue you are experiencing can be solved in the same way
    i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
    Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
    His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
    Finally Updated to Windows 7!

edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

Quote Originally Posted by Doco View Post
    Ive recently been having similar issues as yourself but not completely the same- rhe main difference is I have not gotten - Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Nor any apps crashing, however over the past 2 weeks I have been getting alot of games just crashing to desktop, games I've been playing for months suddenly crash to desktop no warning

To cut a long story short what I changed has given me 2 days straight issue free, I had enabled PBO from within the amd overclocking tab, with the limits set to motherboard- ai made no changes to the curve optimizer, I had previously had PBO enabled from I a different way - the tab that let's you enable the dynamic OC for the dark hero, I had forgotten I had changed where I had enabled PBO after a disassemble and reassemble for some water cooling maintenance

Just thought I'd post this on the off chance the issue you are experiencing can be solved in the same way
    Thanks for that insight, I've not checked PBO or the dynamic OC so I'll definitely give it a try.

Out of curiosity, after your crashes did you have a look in Event Viewer to see what came up?

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edplaysdrums View Post
    In the process of doing every possible test I could think of I ran memtest again overnight and got several errors so have RMA'd the ram and replaced it with some older 4x16gb@2400 sticks in the meantime.

Is it possible that memory errors could result in graphics driver crashes at higher power loads?

Hello,

Yes memory instability can quite easily cause driver crashes in this way.

There likely wasn't any reason to RMA the memory. If using DOCP/XMP then the applied overclock wasn't stable and the instability needs to be dialled out.

Once the new kit arrives, test the system at optimised defaults without an applied overclock and see if the issue persists.

ROG Enthusiast Array Doco PC Specs
    Doco PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Dark Hero X570
    Processor5900x
    Memory (part number)TDPPD432G3200HC14ADC01
    Graphics Card #1980ti
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorLg27g850-b
    Storage #11tb 970 Evo Plus
    Storage #24tb Seagate HDD
    CPU CoolerEk Monblock
    CaseNzxt 820 Phantom
    Power SupplySeasonic X-850
    Keyboard Cyborg V7
    Mouse R.A.T. 7
    Headset HD650
    Mouse Pad XFX Warpad
    OS Windows 10

Thanks for that insight, I've not checked PBO or the dynamic OC so I'll definitely give it a try.

Out of curiosity, after your crashes did you have a look in Event Viewer to see what came up?
    Yeah all I was really getting was gtav/assassins creed .exe stopped working

Clicking into it the error code was c0000005 - about as generic as it comes, today I re-overclocked my gpu and got a good few hours in games with no crashes, def. PBO2 was my issue
    i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
    Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
    His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
    Finally Updated to Windows 7!

edplaysdrums PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5950x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

Yes memory instability can quite easily cause driver crashes in this way.

There likely wasn't any reason to RMA the memory. If using DOCP/XMP then the applied overclock wasn't stable and the instability needs to be dialled out.

Once the new kit arrives, test the system at optimised defaults without an applied overclock and see if the issue persists.
    Hi, thanks for the advice... forgive my lack of understanding but I thought the whole point of DOCP was that the ram had ideal overclock presets meaning people who don't know what they're doing (me) don't have to dial in any settings? I wouldn't really know where to start with tweaking from the DOCP presets, but I'll happily try and learn, if there's a good resource for this.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hi, thanks for the advice... forgive my lack of understanding but I thought the whole point of DOCP was that the ram had ideal overclock presets meaning people who don't know what they're doing (me) don't have to dial in any settings? I wouldn't really know where to start with tweaking from the DOCP presets, but I'll happily try and learn, if there's a good resource for this.

XMP or DOCP are predefined frequency, timings and voltage denoted by the memory vendor to offer users the best possible chance of stability. Different memory vendors use varying levels of guardband, which refers to the amount of tolerance in place to account for varying strength and differences in CPUs. So whereas they do offer some reassurances, manual tuning can sometimes be needed depending on conditions at an electrical level.

On the platform in question, VSOC is the rail that impacts memory stability the most. You may find the replacement kit does in fact work, however this is more down to variance between kits.

ROG Member Array

I've been going insane over this Problem as well for the past 2 months, It started a few weeks ago out of nowhere. Random Game Crashing to Desktop ( Call of Duty Multiplayer ) after a few hours of gaming and occasionally when working on my desktop while having chrome, firefox and obsidian software running.

Event Viewer error code:
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\0000009a
    0d20(31e8) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
    - I performed a CLEAN Windows 10 install on my M.2 SSD and CLEAN Windows 10 install on a regular SSD and problem persist.
    - I RMA my EVGA 2080 Super videocard and got it back, Problem continues.
    - I Bought a NEW 800 Watts Power supply and problem continues
    - Updated the BIOS Now twice Problem continues
    - The last thing I did try was a new new videocard that wasn't giving me any problems but I did notice i would get GPU lag as if it was being underpowered sometimes. I'm guessing it could be a problem now between the Motherboard or the Videocard
    - I also did revert back to normal Auto memory profile in the bios but problem continues

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) BIOS 3204
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid
    EVGA 750 G5 PSU
    32.0 GB Gskill Trident Z neo
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2

I've also downloaded EVGA Precision boost and hit BOOST LOCK to play COD as it crashes less. It could be a faulty GPU as when I launch EVGA precision x1 screen goes off and on but no crash. So now all I can do is wait for new BIOS to come out for this motherboard or test another videocard.
    Last edited by Expletivium; 03-09-2021 at 11:41 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VIII Dark Hero
    Processor5900X 4.6ghz All core 1.3V, 5ghz single DOC
    Memory (part number)Gskill NEO 3600 CAS 14 32GB (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 3080
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks 500A Mesh
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur Virtuoso
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat