New ROGer Array

Stable one day...

....unstable the next.
    Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus
    Ryzen 9 3950x
    G.Skill Trident Z 3600 c14
    American Megatrends Bios 3405
    360mm Radiator with push/pull fans
    I don't remember the specifics but the clock speed was only set at 40. I did run a MemTest, overnight and it came up with ) errors. I ran RealBench for 8 hours on Wednesday. I had did not change any of the settings since then. Was going to try to tweak the settings a bit today but decided to Stress Test it before doing so, it made it thru the 4 minutes or so and the Instability Detected message. Where do I start looking?

New ROGer Array

Earlier today my I went into the BIOS and entered the number generated by the Ryzen Ram Calculator. Result was it failed to post. Cleared the BIOS. Reset it default. Would not pass a 15 minute stress test.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,

Manual adjustment of the core ratios is fairly fruitless on this platform.

Clear the CMOS, enable Precision Boost Overdrive along with DOCP and run a memory stress test such as HCI Memtest or Ramtest.

Manual adjustment of SOC voltage can often be needed on memory ratios above 3200. Start with a value of around 0.950 and move up methodically until finding stability.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

Manual adjustment of the core ratios is fairly fruitless on this platform.

Clear the CMOS, enable Precision Boost Overdrive along with DOCP and run a memory stress test such as HCI Memtest or Ramtest.

Manual adjustment of SOC voltage can often be needed on memory ratios above 3200. Start with a value of around 0.950 and move up methodically until finding stability.
    I will clear the CMOS . Enable PBO in the BIOS or Ryzen Master?
    Thanks for the tip about the SOC voltage....

New ROGer Array

Cleared the CMOS. Reset to Defaults. Loaded the DOCP profile. Made it 5 minutes into the instability detected notification. Am clueless where to look. When I leave to go pick up my neighbor from the hospital, he had hernia surgery at 82 years young, will run the MemTest.

ROG Member Array

Test memory in another system