CPU CoolerCustom loop, EK PE 360, Corsair XR5 280 rads
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P600S
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 SE
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core Pro wireless
    Headset Hifiman HE400i
    OS Win 11
    Accessory #1 Corsair Nexus

I think the PCH temp has been improved with Thunderbolt enabled in beta BIOS 0909. It was once 80C with Thunderbolt enabled and now 65-70C on BIOS 0909.

ROG Member Array 3dw4rdTm PC Specs
    3dw4rdTm PC Specs
    MotherboardFORMULA XIII
    ProcessorINTEL i7 11700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 32GB
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix 3080 O10G
    MonitorAsus PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 980 250gb
    Storage #2Samsung 870 1tb
    CPU CoolerASUS RYUO 240
    CaseCustom Double PC-inRack Case
    Power SupplyRog THOR 1200W
    Keyboard Rog Claymore
    Mouse ROG Chakram
    Headset ROG Theta 7.1
    Mouse Pad Rog Balteus QI
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TasmaN View Post
    Hi, everyone! Found some options: if set options like on my screenshot temperature of PCH is around 45-50C at idle. By default all of them are disabled...so no need to set a fan toward it. Maybe, ASUS should look this part of UEFI...
    that really works for me!! thank you everything!

New ROGer Array

tried vertically, tried with GT1030 with passive cooling....PCH is 65C in idle.
    Tried vertical no Difference

New ROGer Array

Hi, everyone! Found some options: if set options like on my screenshot temperature of PCH is around 45-50C at idle. By default all of them are disabled...so no need to set a fan toward it. Maybe, ASUS should look this part of UEFI...
    Spasibo! Posledoval dannym nastroykam, temperatura upala gradusov na 10. Poka testiruy v dannom rezhime.
    Thanks! That works!

New ROGer Array

I have the same MOBO but populated with i7-11700K. PCH has 70-80C during idle load (ambient temperature is 30C). So I disassembled plastic cover above PCH heat sink. Temperature went down approx. by 10C. And when I added another 80x80 noctua ventilator against PCH, temperature went down by 5-6C. So, now I see temperature 56-60C instead of 80C. I am also afraid about longevity of MOBO. Here, there is web page where temperature is reported, which is way lower.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...i-hero/15.html
    Last edited by PeterK77; 07-21-2021 at 09:04 PM.

New ROGer Array

Thank you TasmaN . Definitely it helped a lot. Regarding my higher ambient temp - 30C. Temperature went down again. But still I removed plastic cover and installed additional ventilator and now I see there 45C. without your solution and everything else I had temp. 56-60C and at the beginning with no arrangement PCH had 83C during idle load.

I don't know how it works these days, but I used to assemble computer for myself once per 8-10 years. I've never bought cheapest components. On the contrary I like quality and if possible I am paying for it, otherwise I don't buy it. But, now I see there are led lights for nothing and stupidly used covers. It is not cheap MOBO I'd say and such mistakes shouldn't be there.

Hey Asus! Can you please send at least drawings, so I can use existing holes on MOBO to make my own heat sinks? I am not interested in led lights. I am pretty disappointed too. After such long time I bought wrong MOBO. You know MOBO can have tons of great features, but if it dies after 2-3 years just because of cooling it is everything for nothing. Thank you, for drawings, but probably, this is the last time I bought MOBO from ASUS unless there is very good explanation why it is happening this way.
    Last edited by PeterK77; 07-23-2021 at 07:26 PM.

New ROGer Array

I made the changes TasmaN suggested in the Misc. Configurations in BIOS 0902 and it works! I have a Maximus XIII Code with an Intel i7-11700k proc. and I was getting PCH readings of 81 when idle. That may well be within its range according to ASUS, but it is still damned high. I now have a reading of 66 - much better and everything else seems fine with those changes. I had tried to turn off Thunderbolt and it did reduce the temp to 71, but I lost the speed on both of the USB C ports that were one of the reasons for buying this motherboard. A backup to a portable SSD took 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes. With Thunderbolt enabled again i am now back to the fast speed. Thanks for the suggestion TasmaN!

New ROGer Array

I tried the settings you suggested but the PCH temps didn't change in the bios. It stays about the same at 80 degree C to 85 degrees C.

Did you remove the plastic protection on the chipset heatsink?

Wondering if we can install a Noctua 4cm fan over the heatsink??

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MCube74 View Post
    I tried the settings you suggested but the PCH temps didn't change in the bios. It stays about the same at 80 degree C to 85 degrees C.

Did you remove the plastic protection on the chipset heatsink?

Wondering if we can install a Noctua 4cm fan over the heatsink??
    Actually you have to remove this cover and yes, temperature is bit higher in bios, or when it is booting. But, when you return to the windows, after a while you can see temperature of PCH will drop. If you have 30°C ambient temperature, it won't help as desired, so I added ventilator mounted to the same openings as original cover once was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20210729_192402.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	89622

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PeterK77 View Post
    Actually you have to remove this cover and yes, temperature is bit higher in bios, or when it is booting. But, when you return to the windows, after a while you can see temperature of PCH will drop. If you have 30°C ambient temperature, it won't help as desired, so I added ventilator mounted to the same openings as original cover once was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20210729_192402.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	89622
    You installed a noctua fan over the pch heatsink (cover)? Isnt there the ROG RGB logo there?
    How did you manage to install the fan? *What’s holding the fan?

Currently in Windows 10 the PCH temp stays around 68 degrees c to 71degrees C in most cases.
    Still pretty high. * My ambient temp is 24 degrees C.
    Last edited by MCube74; 08-15-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast