cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus GX502LXS Temps

tyga909
Level 7
Hey guys. Need help with my laptops temps. I don't think that the temp for the GPU particularly should be this high. I'm attaching a screenshot so please have a look and let me know what you guys think.
13 REPLIES 13

EncodeGR
Level 9
tyga909 wrote:
Hey guys. Need help with my laptops temps. I don't think that the temp for the GPU particularly should be this high. I'm attaching a screenshot so please have a look and let me know what you guys think.

Definitely not chilly, but not unusual or extreme. We're talking about a laptop *and* a very demanding game.
You can't expect desktop-level cooling performance to be the same on a laptop.

Does your GPU have the same temperature in other games or any kind of stress tests as well ?

EncodeGR wrote:
Definitely not chilly, but not unusual or extreme. We're talking about a laptop *and* a very demanding game.
You can't expect desktop-level cooling performance to be the same on a laptop.

Does your GPU have the same temperature in other games or any kind of stress tests as well ?

Yea. Pretty much. I'm attaching a few more screenshots for you to look at and to show the CPU/GPU temps. I experienced some stutter in CSGO recently and ever since then I have been pretty vexed. GPU core clock would randomly drop to 300mhz.

Ok so why does PL2 power limit read out as 135W?! Can someone please explain? Is this why my GPU has sky high temps?

Hey your GPU is severely throttling to the point of it reaching the 700Mhz realm. It is obvious there is a serious flaw with your cooling solution, get it to a service center.

Regardless of GPU model of your Zephyrus, this Chasis makes this all the time.

80s 90s at the GPU and CPU is so normal (not normal but not unexpected)

Undevolting the CPU and GPU is the only solution to keep the heat in control.
If you want, you can change the thermal paste also , it will help to drop the temps.

I ordered some thermal grizzlies, this week i will replace my zEphyrus s cpu gpu paste and vram pads.

Hi.
I have similar problem with my laptop (GX502LWS) with CPU and GPU temps.
Here You can look into my logs (Game is Destiny2) - if file has FREEZE as part of its name or headrers are at the and - it menas my laptope freezed deadly while playing.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12Z1pfIWfAJSV5CjVURfqhPhIWADrC1eu

While i did use PERFORMANCE setup - laptop freezed very often
While I di use Window controlled setup - i faced FPS drops (from 100 FPD to 30 FPS)

Can someone share BIOOS setup?

GodPower wrote:
Regardless of GPU model of your Zephyrus, this Chasis makes this all the time.

80s 90s at the GPU and CPU is so normal (not normal but not unexpected)

Undevolting the CPU and GPU is the only solution to keep the heat in control.
If you want, you can change the thermal paste also , it will help to drop the temps.

I ordered some thermal grizzlies, this week i will replace my zEphyrus s cpu gpu paste and vram pads.

I don't know from where you pulling this info. 90s for the GPU aren't normal by any standards because the GPU throttling temp starts at 87C in the first place. The cooling solution is obviously faulty when the GPU throttles because its literally one of the laptop's features, run a 115W RTX 2070 at full power. My max GPU temps in the most stressful of workloads and games is 78-80C (Furmark 1080p x8 MSAA with CPU burner). Regular gaming like GTA V, GTA IV, Watch dogs 2, the witcher 3 and a lot of other AAA games. 72-75C temps. Even before taking it to service center, the max GPU temps were 85C. Every Zephyrus is designed to never throttle the GPU but have crap temps and throttling on the CPU. Also i do not recommend thermal grizzly, seems to pump out quite easily in this laptop i recommend a thicker paste like phobya nanogrease (even mx-4 seems to pump out according to some Zephyrus owners, im personally going to use thermal grizzly carbonaut thermal pad as it seems to work well on laptops and i dont have to worry about it anymore) and make sure to use 0.5mm vram pads. Also removing the bottom flap and putting a laptop cooler directly under the fans seems to drop temps by 5C-10C, their "intelligent AAS system" actually makes the thing heat up worse because the exhaust vents are so close to the intake.

hi there again, of course its not NORMAL (as i wrote) But its not UNEXPECTED,

Indeed as you say, GPU and CPU is throttling so frequently because Laptop is so hot,

there are hundreds of users out there searching solutions for heating issues of their Zephyruses. Its almost a common problem.

I Applied Thermal Grizzly Cryonaut to GPU and CPU and Same Brand 1mm Pads to Vram and other components (i write a thread bout it)
Now the tehermals are in good state (but still with Throttlestop and Undervolt GPU by Afterburner

now you say smt about pumping out, so i am planning to check it later on if temperatures will be rising.

GodPower wrote:
hi there again, of course its not NORMAL (as i wrote) But its not UNEXPECTED,

Indeed as you say, GPU and CPU is throttling so frequently because Laptop is so hot,

there are hundreds of users out there searching solutions for heating issues of their Zephyruses. Its almost a common problem.

I Applied Thermal Grizzly Cryonaut to GPU and CPU and Same Brand 1mm Pads to Vram and other components (i write a thread bout it)
Now the tehermals are in good state (but still with Throttlestop and Undervolt GPU by Afterburner

now you say smt about pumping out, so i am planning to check it later on if temperatures will be rising.

1mm worked well for you? According to many Zephyrus owners 0.5mm is the best thickness anything thicker is gonna lead to higher temps and quicker pump out because as i said earlier it is the reason why ASUS is using thermal putty instead of thermal pads.