cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX freezing issues with certain games

Vies
Level 7
My G74 Plays most games just fine, but I've noticed with the Steam versions of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Trine, I get freezing issues. With AC:B, I can close the game window, but the process stays open and I have to do a hard shut down. With Trine, I can't even close the game window. The odd thing is that Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Trine 2 run flawlessly. I've made sure all my drivers are up to date. These two games also run just fine on my much older, much less powerful PC.

Has anyone else had issues like this? I tried to do some digging around on this problem and came up empty.

Here are the system specs:

Intel Core i7 2.0GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 560M 2GB

edit: I forgot to mention, AC:B always freezes during the very first cutscene, at the point where it becomes interactive. The moment I press the button prompted on-screen is when the freeze occurs. Music and sound effects continue to play. Trine freezes at the first point my character takes damage. Again, music continues playing.

edit2: I found the problem. It has nothing to do with the system at all. Turns out using a 360 controller causes some games to freeze. Looks like I'll need to pick up a proper gamepad.
0 REPLIES 0