cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Chakram firmware fail

Zuluch
Level 8
Today I received a parcel with my new ROG Chakram mouse. Unfortunately, the mouse has freezes while uploading firmware with Armory Crate and now the system can see it, but the update does not want to install.
I have had already a ROG Spartha for 2 years and never had a problem. How can I load firmware now ????
4 REPLIES 4

cekeu
Level 12
I had once had this type of problem to update the motherboard with armory crate so I was able to update by going to the second user account of my system (Standard account) Then I installed armory crate in this account too and the download and installation had succeeded like that.
it may be a temporary problem.
I do not recommend using registry cleaning software other than the tools built into the system

Zuluch
Level 8
But mouse is now just black brick.....system and AC can still see it but during update AC asking for plug in....

cekeu
Level 12
have you connected the mouse to usb correctly and also connected the wireless dongle?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
As cekeu mentioned, you do need to connect both the mouse and the wireless receiver to update the firmware. Did you get it to work?
You'll notice that perhaps both of them need firmware updates.