Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Actually when I think about it. Why do you need another CPU? the whole point of bios flashback is to be able to flash the bios with a cpu or ram installed. https://youtu.be/bb6h-SB6hlw?t=291

New ROGer Array

Hi, I have a Z490-F motherboard with a 10700K installed. And I installed the Beta bios version 2004 also. But I would like to revert to the bios version 1003 for testing purposes. So far it does not let me do so.

I have tried both methods of updating the bios. First method is to attach a USB and enter the bios menu. From there I go to the update bios menu and select the renamed cap file. And I get an error stating that the cap file is not correct for my motherboard platform.

Second try is through the EZ update from the latest Ai suite software offered on the Asus support site for my motherboard. I get a similar sounding error. It states that the bios image does not match the BIOS ROM currently present.

I have not tried the BIOS FLASH button on the back of my motherboard yet.

My question before I proceed is, is this by design? Thank you in advance.

New ROGer Array

Hello, friends.
    I hand over my motherboard to a service center. Hope they can restore Intel ME. Thanks to my computer hardware supplier, they quickly responded to my request for help.

P.S.: Installing a Celeron CPU into the motherboard did not help, the motherboard does not start as before.
    What a pity that when we buy flagship motherboards and flagship processors, we are faced with such offensive problems

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, in all honesty, the problem is caused by you. Once the flash failed on the primary BIOS, you should have NOT tried it on the secondary BIOS.
    That is like hitting your head on the wall and then hitting again to see if you get a different result.

Also, flashing the BIOS to the EPROM flash directly is a simple job, using the proper hardware tools.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by POSTREALITY View Post
    Hello, friends.
    I hand over my motherboard to a service center. Hope they can restore Intel ME. Thanks to my computer hardware supplier, they quickly responded to my request for help.

P.S.: Installing a Celeron CPU into the motherboard did not help, the motherboard does not start as before.
    What a pity that when we buy flagship motherboards and flagship processors, we are faced with such offensive problems

Hi. Did you manage to fix it?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzi View Post
    Nope. Does not work. The board does not start at all

New ROGer Array

Can someone of you share a full bios dump for MAXIMUS XII Extreme?
    I want to reflash completly the bios from my MB

Regards,

New ROGer Array

Pin layout and jumper settings, if anyone is curious and wants to use the pins instead claps that connects directly to the bios cip(s)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2021-05-09 at 12.50.48 PM.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	88633

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2