cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vcore all over the place - at wits end

etihad
Level 7
Hi All,

So i have finished manually overclocking and i know the vcore I need for max stability (3.75v). I set the voltage to adaptive, my additional turbo mode cpu vcore is set to 3.75V. LLC is set to 5. Now my vcore under load stays within safe limits 1.26-1.288. However every know and then it will jump and with HWinfo my max has jumped to 1.536v. I believe this is momentarily but even though is this not dangerous? The only way I have found to stop this is by disabling c-state and speedstep but then my cpu does not boost to 5.4GHZ. my DC/AC is set to 0.1. I'm all out of ideas on how to stop the vcore from reaching 1.5+. Please if you can help I would appreciate. Btw I have tried all LLC and it still happens.Is this normal or what?

10900K @ 5.4GHZ

Asus Maximus XII Extreme

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHZ | Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme | 32GB 8Pack @ 3600MHZ | 1.8TB HDD WD Raid 0 | H115iGTX | Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Extreme Edition| Samsung Pro 950 M.2 512GB | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Corsair RM850 | Kingston HyperX 500GB | Corsair 780T |
1 REPLY 1

Michowski
Level 7
I posted about this same thing right below yours. Under load I drop to like 1.2 whatever volts and just idle I can get as high as 1.525v. I had it manually set to 1.35v but have since gone back to just stock settings..... Auto on it all. I am also worried that my voltage spikes too high so i'm just trying to be safe for now.