cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code D6 when XG32VC monitor connected to DisplyPort

RandomChain
Level 7
Hey guys,
I have a Maximus XI Hero WiFi motherboard with a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU.
Been using a XG32VQ monitor until now and everything was working great.

Recently I got a XG32VC monitor, tried connecting both monitors to the 1080 with DP cables.
But this makes BIOS fail to load, it shows Q-code D6 ("No Console Output Devices are found") for a second, then continues to boot the OS.
This only happens when the XG32VC is connected with DP, if I disconnect the VC and leave only the VQ, or if I use HDMI instead, BIOS loads normally.
I don't see any other GPU issues. Once the OS boots, both monitors are fine. I tried swapping DP cables and connecting to a different port on the GPU, doesn't help.

I'm duel booting Pop!_OS and Windows 10 with systemd-boot, if it matters.

Is there anything I should check/do? Other then keep using HDMI, I'd much rather use DP as HDMI won't let me set 170Hz refresh rate.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Is you current BIOS 1802?
Thank you.

No, I'm still using 1602. Didn't notice there was a BIOS update, I'll try to install it and check if it helps.

Updated to 1802, doesn't solve the issue.

Somehow I got the BIOS loading when I reboot from Pop!_OS, but when rebooting from Windows 10 I still get the D6 error.
I was playing around with different DP cables and swapping ports on the GPU, and also updated kernel to 5.11.
Still don't know what's causing this issue or what I did that fixed it. I thought it may be related to the refresh rate but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Perhaps it's something related to the OS, but I have no idea what it can be.

In case anyone has a similar issue in the future...
I could not get the XG32VQ monitor to work with the 1080Ti card. Only got it loading BIOS properly after swapping to RX 6800. It seems like this monitor just doesn't like some graphic cards 😞