Panagiotis_Mela
Level 9
Good day to the community

Back in 2016, I assembled a PC, based on the following (basic) configuration:

Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro
CPU: Intel i7-6700k
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, 3200 MHz
PSU: Corsair HX1050 80 Plus Gold, 1050W
System Disc: Samsung M.2 SSD 960 Evo 250GB MZ-V6E250BW (replacing the two, initially installed, Samsung SSDs in RAID configuration)
GPU: SAPPHIRE-AMD NITRO+ Radeon RX 570 8GB (replacing the initially installed XFX Radeon R9-380P-DD GPU)
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H80 CPU cooler
Optical Drive 1: Pioneer BDR-209EBK BD-R Drive
Optical Drive 2: Asus DVD-R/RW Burner, Model DRW-24F1MT (Added later)

Till today, this PC has served me very well in every aspect. However, there is something in its behavior, that annoys me every time, when I have to disconnect the computer from its power cord, in order to move it somewhere else or when there is a prolonged power failure, that my UPS will not allow the running of the PC for a long time.

After such a case, as soon as reconnect the PC to power and restart it, it prompts me to hit the F1 button, in order to reset some parameters in the BIOS. In all case, the only parameter I have to reset is the date and time, which is lost after the disconnection from power or after a prolonged power failure.

I wonder if this is a normal behavior or if it is something that I can avoid, by setting something in the BIOS, that will retain the previous setting in date and time and will not ask me to reset it again.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones
Albert Einstein
2 REPLIES 2

KotOr368
Level 9
Your mobo battery is bad buy new CR2032

KotOr368 wrote:
Your mobo battery is bad buy new CR2032

Thanks a lot, mate, for your advice. I had not really thought about it.

I will replace it as soon as possible and I will report the results.
Thanks again.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones
Albert Einstein