cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activer les slots DIMM.2 ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME

TOR2020
Level 7
bonjour les amies,
j'ai un souci avec ma carte mère ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME je trouve pas dans le BIOS ou activé les slots DIMM.2 pour faire fonctionné mon SSD samsung 970 EVO PLUS :embrouillé:

cordialement christophe

Hello friends,
I have a problem with my ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME motherboard I cannot find in the BIOS or activated the DIMM.2 slots to make my samsung 970 EVO PLUS SSD work

best regards christophe
1 REPLY 1

Falkentyne
Level 12
TOR2020 wrote:
bonjour les amies,
j'ai un souci avec ma carte mère ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME je trouve pas dans le BIOS ou activé les slots DIMM.2 pour faire fonctionné mon SSD samsung 970 EVO PLUS :embrouillé:

cordialement christophe

Hello friends,
I have a problem with my ROG MAXIMUS XII EXTREME motherboard I cannot find in the BIOS or activated the DIMM.2 slots to make my samsung 970 EVO PLUS SSD work

best regards christophe

Hi,
For the Maximus 12 Extreme, you need to allocate CPU lanes to the dimm.2 card in "Onboard devices configuration". Since there is a limit of PCIE lanes on Z490, setting lanes to Dimm2_1 or dimm2_1+dimm2_2 (if two SSD's on are the dimm.2!) will set your PCIE x16 video card to x8.

Please note that SATA SSD's like the Samsung 860 Evo will NOT work on the dimm.2 card on the M12E, so only NVME drives will work. I do not believe the Z590 will have this limitation however.