cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX11000 + AiMesh + Ax92u Node CANNOT BE ADDED back

Bakarilos
Level 7
Hi,

finally, i had for over 2 months a great AIMESH network with amazing coverage and speeds with 1 Aimesh router AX11000 and 2 AX92U via ethernet backhaul.

i was on my asus router companion and saw that i had 3 offline nodes that DID NOT exist along with one of my AX92!. i removed one and then i couldn't remove the other ones. once i removed then one of my AX92u was gone

I could find it on the ADD aimesh nodes but no matter what i did via LAN or WAN it coulnd't be added back. i tried hard reset but the results were the same

i need help. i have over 100 IP related devices and i will lose so much time if i have to factory reset my router and start from the beggining.

thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Saltgrass
Level 13
This is such a coincidence.. I had an AX11000 and running AiMesh with a RT-ax86u. It was working fine and using the 5_2 GHz network for backhaul.

I unwound that configuration since I was moving to an AXE11000. Everything looked fine, but when I tried to restore the AiMesh as it was earlier, I get exactly the same message.

I had reset the 86u to default settings but have still not been able to repair the AiMesh configuration. The 86u is now functioning as a Media Bridge. I was wondering if the fact the AXE does not have the 5_2 GHz radio if it might need to use the 6 GHz radio for the back channel and was not able to do so due to the fact 6 GHz is not yet operational.

I might try using an Ethernet back channel once I figure out how to do that but all attempts at gaining control of the 86u have failed. I could try replacing the AXE with the AX to see if that would work, just to test.

What got me about that message is I could not understand what else might have some type of hold on the node that was keeping it from connecting.. I suppose I will go ahead the try to replace the router to see how that works.

I am not familiar with the "Router Companion" to which you refer..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I finally got mine to work again using the AX11000. It started off doing just like yours and I saw no progress until I set the 86U as a wireless node and saw the big blue bar go across the top for about a minute. After that, I found and set the device as a node.

Next I changed back to the AXE 11000 and set it up again using the ethernet back channel, and it worked again with that.

It is almost like something is stuck in the Bios and won't turn loose. I do notice some confusion when you are searching for a node, a popup window shows up saying cancel or apply while the system is still searching for a node. There may be confusion as to what action to take when that happens.

Also, if you have two node devices, the number of nodes should show 2, not 3. The Router is set as a Router/AiMesh device and is not counted in that number. Remember, my attachment is from an AXE11000 so it may look a little different.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I finally got mine to work again using the AX11000. It started off doing just like yours and I saw no progress until I set the 86U as a wireless node and saw the big blue bar go across the top for about a minute. After that, I found and set the device as a node.

Next I changed back to the AXE 11000 and set it up again using the ethernet back channel, and it worked again with that.

It is almost like something is stuck in the Bios and won't turn loose. I do notice some confusion when you are searching for a node, a popup window shows up saying cancel or apply while the system is still searching for a node. There may be confusion as to what action to take when that happens.

Also, if you have two node devices, the number of nodes should show 2, not 3. The Router is set as a Router/AiMesh device and is not counted in that number. Remember, my attachment is from an AXE11000 so it may look a little different.

can you please write what you mean in step by step?

Saltgrass
Level 13
I was wondering, if you were to change the configuration to back to a normal router or one of the others, if you would not then be able to set it up again as an AiMesh node..

You might need to do the same thing to the other 92u and bring them back one at a time..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I was wondering, if you were to change the configuration to back to a normal router or one of the others, if you would not then be able to set it up again as an AiMesh node..

You might need to do the same thing to the other 92u and bring them back one at a time..

look what a problem i am facing...

Saltgrass
Level 13
I an saying to disconnect both of the 92Us. Then plug directly into one at a time and try setting it to a normal router and let that work. Then change it back to a node..

If, when you set them back to the AiMesh node and you get the blue bar that shows progress (about one minute) then you should be able to reconnect them and set them up again using the AX11000.

It was trial and error for me but eventually it worked out.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

JeffLo
Level 10
Bakarilos wrote:
Hi,

finally, i had for over 2 months a great AIMESH network with amazing coverage and speeds with 1 Aimesh router AX11000 and 2 AX92U via ethernet backhaul.

i was on my asus router companion and saw that i had 3 offline nodes that DID NOT exist along with one of my AX92!. i removed one and then i couldn't remove the other ones. once i removed then one of my AX92u was gone

I could find it on the ADD aimesh nodes but no matter what i did via LAN or WAN it coulnd't be added back. i tried hard reset but the results were the same

i need help. i have over 100 IP related devices and i will lose so much time if i have to factory reset my router and start from the beggining.

thank you

have you tried to reset factory default your missing ax92u then manually going in and set it up as aimesh before going back to your main router and adding it in back to your aimesh? also do a reboot on all or turn them off first before reseting your missing ax92u if you cant see it

i can only add aimesh of my other router is set to aimesh node only

JeffLo
Level 10
also in one of your pics thiers a set of lyra, 2x lyra and 1 lyra mini might be from a neighbor?

Saltgrass
Level 13
I found a Hard Factory Reset for the AX92U so you might try it..

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1039074
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200