cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GA502IU dies, sleeps, dumps, 2 months old

onlydez
Level 7
So i purchased this laptop over christmas whilst in the UK and it's just broken.

I have a blue screen dump daily. when I try to play games it goes to sleep mode always. I'm not even playing games that are intensive on the system, the laptop just goes to sleep.

I have been told I can RMA it but I need this laptop for my job, I will be without a laptop and will be unable to work whilst it is RMA'd. What the hell can I do? I have warranty now until December but after this is can die. This **** just ****ing starts heating up for no reason, the fans start whirring like mad. It's absolutely ridiculous that I have been sold a bum laptop and now I have to suffer in trying to fix it and be unable to work for a month because of an inept global organisation.

I've attached some of the dumps that have happened. Asus Support are just uselesss, their every response is to do an RMA and ruin my livelihood. I'm hoping this is some sort of software issue that's causing this so I'm attaching some dump files that I got from the past.

oh wait I can't even upload the dump files here. Any help from the experts here appreciated.

gdrive link to dump files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/15INlR7ygofQhY3RXzhSXe1cbbLyA3cg6/view?usp=sharing

update: just watching youtube and it does another dump. A supposedly majestic gaming machine and it can't even handle ****ing youtube.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xIzhMOmfzMld46pGCCnM2afdLYHIkia2/view?usp=sharing
3 REPLIES 3

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
May you help to check if you have updated to BIOS221?
And have your Windows updates completed?
When the device "go to sleep", you mean it just "black screen"? and you press any button you wake it up and see the lock screen?
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi there,
May you help to check if you have updated to BIOS221?
And have your Windows updates completed?
When the device "go to sleep", you mean it just "black screen"? and you press any button you wake it up and see the lock screen?
Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, everything has been updated. I've reinstalled windows twice and still get a black or blue screen. If im watching a video and it crashes it makes this huge buzzing sound through the speaker.

When it goes to sleep, this is evidentally because of overheating which should not happen considering the games I'm playing are not heavy duty. But of course i've paid for them and can't play them with this pile of crap. I have to press the power button for it to awaken and it deosnt show the lock screen, it goes to what it was before it went to sleep - and then inevitably 'goes to sleep' again 2/3 minutes later. Once i stop playing then the fans die down and stop whirring as loud and it stops going to sleep.

The blue screens just happen at anytime, like today I'm on an important work call and the **** just blue screens. I've spokent to Microsoft for hours and provided dump files to them (files since my purchase date and first start up on the 16th December) and they say that I need to send it back to ASUS, the laptop is a dud.

The RMA process for this is a joke, I lose a £1000 laptop for a few weeks because I was sold a faulty £1000 laptop. Just so I can actually live my life and you know earn money, I have to go and buy another laptop in the mean time whilst the company that sold me my dud laptop 'fixes' it. I can't afford that, so i have stick with this piece of ****, if i could afford it, I would destroy this laptop for a youtube video, buy one from another brand and just be done with it, I've had literally no help in solving the issue of the RMA and me being destitute whilst this faulty piece of **** is being 'repaired.

A blue screen every single ****ing day. Even just watching youtube causes this pile of steaming **** to ****ing dump. ****in ass of a company that sells broken laptops as brand new then expects you to be without a computer whilst they 'repair' it. Dog**** support and dog**** ****ing ****s.