Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

But I see other AMD AM4 with 4 x NVME slots, like the B550 ProArt Creator board from Asus. HOw would that work?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    But I see other AMD AM4 with 4 x NVME slots, like the B550 ProArt Creator board from Asus. HOw would that work?
    I am not familiar with that motherboard and chipset so you will need to research it yourself. However, I gave the specs a quick glance and it looks like it only has 2 NVMe slots. Also, it only has two PCIe 4 slots that are connected to the CPU. If you use both slots they are x8. The chipset slots are PCIe 3.

If you really want lots of PCIe 4 lanes for graphics and NVMe you may have to bump up to a Threadripper cpu and motherboard. You would need to do some research to make sure it can be configured the way you want.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by ctwilson77 View Post
    I am not familiar with that motherboard and chipset so you will need to research it yourself. However, I gave the specs a quick glance and it looks like it only has 2 NVMe slots. Also, it only has two PCIe 4 slots that are connected to the CPU. If you use both slots they are x8. The chipset slots are PCIe 3.

If you really want lots of PCIe 4 lanes for graphics and NVMe you may have to bump up to a Threadripper cpu and motherboard. You would need to do some research to make sure it can be configured the way you want.
    hmm you might want to look at graphic I supplied then becuase that is how the motherboard actually works.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Im still confused about how many PCIE lanes. All I know is the 5900X cpu has 24 PCIE lanes, and how many does the X570 chipset have?

ROG Member Array

Im still confused about how many PCIE lanes. All I know is the 5900X cpu has 24 PCIE lanes, and how many does the X570 chipset have?
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-review,3.html
    Ryzen 5000 series processors have 24 lanes of PCIe 4.0
    4 are for the chipset interconnection
    20 available for other uses
    16 lanes are intended for graphics cards that are connected as x16 or 2 by x8
    4 lanes are intended for fast storage such as NVMe SSDs

AMD X570 chipset provides an additional 16 lanes of PCIe 4.0
    4 x4 lane PCIe 4 interfaces

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ctwilson77 View Post
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-review,3.html
    Ryzen 5000 series processors have 24 lanes of PCIe 4.0
    4 are for the chipset interconnection
    20 available for other uses
    16 lanes are intended for graphics cards that are connected as x16 or 2 by x8
    4 lanes are intended for fast storage such as NVMe SSDs

AMD X570 chipset provides an additional 16 lanes of PCIe 4.0
    4 x4 lane PCIe 4 interfaces
    So the X570 chipset gives 16lanes of PCIE 4.0. Is that mean I can have 4 x PCIE 4.0 NVME ssds?
    Or is the NVME PCIE 4.0 is only from the CPU?

ROG Member Array

So the X570 chipset gives 16lanes of PCIE 4.0. Is that mean I can have 4 x PCIE 4.0 NVME ssds?
    Or is the NVME PCIE 4.0 is only from the CPU?
    If the motherboard has 4 NVME m.2 slots then yes, you can have 4. However do your research on the motherboard as sometimes using an m.2 slot will disable a SATA port, etc. It may not matter to you but at least you should be aware. I highly suggest you review the Users Manual for any motherboard you are considering buying to make sure that it can be configured and will perform the way you want. I also recommend searching through Youtube for relevant videos you are trying to learn about (a specific motherboard, NVME, m.2 slots, PCIe 4, etc). Lots of good information available if you look for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2