cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aI mesh not working for the iPhone

cmcher
Level 7
i setup the ai mesh with the master - Ax1000 and the slave - RT68u in the study room. All the other device can connect to the slave router including Apple watch but the iPhone doesn't .*

any setting that i need to set on the router ?*
7 REPLIES 7

Saltgrass
Level 13
Since you might have a watch with the phone and a separate iPhone, could you describe your situation?

If you have both, it might be confusing the router. Is the iPhone picked up by the AX11000?

There are settings in the AX11000 that would set certain devices to not be able to jump from one to another. It might be in the Wireless section of the firmware and called a roaming block list.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

there is nothing in the roaming block .

the iphone remains connected to the primary router even though the phone is sitting in the study room in front of the RT68-u

i have another iphone and same thing is happening to it too.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Which radio are you using to connect the iPhone to the network. In an AiMesh configuration, the AX11000 will use the 5G_2 radio as a backhaul channel and you may not be able to connect using it..

I have been playing with the AiMesh situation on my system. When I had the AX11000, the RT-AX68u worked fine as a node. But just to avoid confusion, could you verify the model numbers for your devices.. Is it AX1000 and RT68u.

Also, if you look at the AiMesh section in the firmware, what type of connection does it show, strong or weak?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

i am using 5G_1 and left 5G_2 as the backhaul . i am using RT68-u and both are using the latest firmware .

i am using smart connect for the 2.4 and 5g band

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have not used Smart Connect but I assume it has some standard as to how or with what it connects, so maybe it is involved..

Is your iPhone a recent model? I am stull using the original version of the Apple Watch..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just set up an RT-AX92U in AiMesh configuration with an AXE11000. The iPhone was on the Router and in the same room. When I took it into the other room with the AiMesh node, after several minutes, it switched to that node..

Again, I do not have a Wi-Fi capable Apple Watch so that might be involved...
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

As i have been using mac address filtering , i just needed to add the devices mac address to the 5ghz network and it started to work.