cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIDA64 - Memory Read / Write / Copy Speed

EncodeGR
Level 9
So, I'm currently experimenting with my RAM (4x8GB), and i was just wondering if the lower Read / Copy speeds (lower than Write) are normal.
Shouldn't i see very similar results with all Read / Write / Copy ?

** Ignore the Pentium G6400, i know... xD It's just a temporary chip till i get the i9-11900K 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Braegnok
Level 14
Generally in XMP mode or Manual mode just putting in frequency, and primary numbers your Read/Write/Copy will all be different and Copy will be lowest of the three. You can adjust/tune Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Timings to improve Read/Write/Copy Bandwidth MB/s and Latency ns.

If you enjoy experimenting, testing, and running benchmarks to confirm stability, grab a note pad and follow this Guide, https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4%20OC%20Guide.md#recommended

I just changed my BIOS micro code yesterday so I have been adjusting all my memory profiles, working on a 24/7 3800MHz profile now, it's not finished yet only running safe to tight timings but I will start changing timings to extreme settings today and bring Bandwidth MB/s up and Latency ns down a bit.

I use Karhu, Prime95 to test stability.

Good luck, have fun.
Intel 14900KF ~ Asus MZ790A ~ 48GB DDR5 ~ RTX 3090 FE ~ Crucial T700 SSD ~ SeaSonic TX-1600 ~ Praxis WetBench ~ Full Custom Water.

Braegnok wrote:
Generally in XMP mode or Manual mode just putting in frequency, and primary numbers your Read/Write/Copy will all be different and Copy will be lowest of the three. You can adjust/tune Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Timings to improve Read/Write/Copy Bandwidth MB/s and Latency ns.

If you enjoy experimenting, testing, and running benchmarks to confirm stability, grab a note pad and follow this Guide, https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4%20OC%20Guide.md#recommended

I just changed my BIOS micro code yesterday so I have been adjusting all my memory profiles, working on a 24/7 3800MHz profile now, it's not finished yet only running safe to tight timings but I will start changing timings to extreme settings today and bring Bandwidth MB/s up and Latency ns down a bit.

I use Karhu, Prime95 to test stability.

Good luck, have fun.

I see. Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated !