cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here comes a very usefuel tip for armoury crate reinstallation

whiggy
Level 7
The Problem:
After uninstall (complete with deleting folders, services etc..) and reinstall of Armoury Crate, the hardware devices will no longer discovered by the Armoury Crate software.

The solution:
1.) Please open the attached screenshot.
2.) Got to the registry keys in the big red racetangle.
3.) Copy the "uninstall string" from every line in the big racetangle to clipboard and paste into windows cmd (started as admin) and run.
4.) Boot the pc.

Now you can reinstall the Armoury Crate and all hardware will discoverd.

PS:
It could be, you have more or less keys with uninstall string. It depends on how much ASUS devices you are using 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

Peyman1354
Level 8
tnx for this.my issue is i cant even install armory crates,as it get stock at end of installation.

whiggy
Level 7
Asus should overhaul the uninstall routine. But my tipp is working. I tested this for many times.

ashif
Level 8
I cant even fin the reg keys, and still having issues " No devices available " in armoury crate

Peyman1354
Level 8
i also cant find the reg keys 😞 nothing work ,im tired and no update from asus

Jimbo93
Level 12
Looks very helpful, thank you

whiggy wrote:
The Problem:
After uninstall (complete with deleting folders, services etc..) and reinstall of Armoury Crate, the hardware devices will no longer discovered by the Armoury Crate software.

The solution:
1.) Please open the attached screenshot.
2.) Got to the registry keys in the big red racetangle.
3.) Copy the "uninstall string" from every line in the big racetangle to clipboard and paste into windows cmd (started as admin) and run.
4.) Boot the pc.

Now you can reinstall the Armoury Crate and all hardware will discoverd.

PS:
It could be, you have more or less keys with uninstall string. It depends on how much ASUS devices you are using 🙂

Jimbo93
Level 12
So After uninstalling AC and AI Suite 3, I searched the whole registry for the Value 'UninstallString' without the quotes. It found pretty much all my other installed software, but there were no ASUS entries found with that Value. And the Uninstaller did work after 1 fail and reboot.

Peyman1354
Level 8
i have managed to do this.unistall .remove those registries but still ac cant detect my mb.
it can see m tuf 3080 but not my mb.
armoury crate work properly but my motherboard missing .
very enjoying.

Peyman1354 wrote:
i have managed to do this.unistall .remove those registries but still ac cant detect my mb.
it can see m tuf 3080 but not my mb.
armoury crate work properly but my motherboard missing .
very enjoying.

One thing I have figured out, is that the software that gets left behind after an uninstall, lets call it the "ATK software" is required in order for the motherboard to be identified. When I received my new system and booted it the first time, Armoury Crate was installed and it worked, but I was unhappy with the crashing services. So I uninstalled it from control panel. This was before I had even seen the uninstaller tool. I had trouble reinstalling it and somehow the "ATK software" got messed up. It took me better part of a weekend to get it working again. And the only was was to manually remove the ATK stuff. If it is removed it will automatically be reinstalled when you try to install AC. I am still working on those additional instructions on how to remove the "ATK software". One of the symptoms of broken ATK software is that the atkexcomsvc.exe fails to start, but keeps trying for maybe 2 minutes after a reboot. I also experienced that it interfered with my network adapter while it was trying to start. In windows services it is named asComSvc, but if you look at what file is pointed to it is atkexcomsvc.exe. Another symptom is that Armoury Crate fails to initialize, or takes a really long time to initialize. Initializing happens the first time it is run.
Another piece of the atk software is the asusCertService. But this ATK software needs to be removed (manually) from your system. Then you will be good to reinstall.