cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Health Charging

GalaxyTown
Level 7
Hello, In the MyAsus application, I know each help battery performance, but the question regarding each option, Will it reduce performance if I am gaming? if I use maximum lifespan mode, I imagine it receives less voltage to stay in 60%. Does it make a difference on performance if I use Full capacity? since it would be always getting constant charging. Since I use Maximum lifespan because it is always connected to the charger. Or does it not reduce performance if I use Maximum lifespan mode? Because It looks and feels as if the performance is less, but I don't know if its placebo. My Asus Rog laptop is a G731GV
3 REPLIES 3

kubr0
Level 7
hi GalaxyTown,

I would guess that is just a placebo? There is no reason for the laptop to perform worse with a lower battery charge, while it is connected to the socket. All the components are drawing the power in such case from the socket.

BigJohnny
Level 13
What I can tell you is mu G752VY when plugged in will actually drop in charge state as the power brick isn't enough to supply the power demands and it pulls some from the battery. Not all the time. Depends on how intense of an app you are running. Pull the brick and just go battery alone and I may as well have a chrome book.

BigJohnny wrote:
What I can tell you is mu G752VY when plugged in will actually drop in charge state as the power brick isn't enough to supply the power demands and it pulls some from the battery. Not all the time. Depends on how intense of an app you are running. Pull the brick and just go battery alone and I may as well have a chrome book.

thats not really what is happening. All of the major laptop manufacturers are affected by this, whether Dell, HP, Lenovo etc. and some of them have even released BIOS updates to mitigate the issue. The battery is part of all the circuits in the machine, and it is still part of all the circuits even when the machine is getting power from the socket. What is actually happening is, that the machine is pulling so much power from the socket, that unintentionally and without needing this, as the battery is part of the whole circuit, it drains a bit of energy from it too because of the strong pull from the CPU and GPU. Imagine it like a strong wind current going trough your house - its going to be pulling all the air through your hallways + in addition, even through closed doors, its gonna be pulling a bit of air from rooms with closed windows and closed doors too - thats what is happening to the battery.