cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for the Devs.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
I personally think there should be no difference in AC between RoG and Tuf models.
There are a lot of substantial hardware differences between the 2 instead of applying silly fan and profile restrictions because I bought a £1600 Tuf Machine instead of a £1200 RoG machine.

I should on any ASUS gaming machine have access to what the fans do and when. It would also be beneficial to be able to change the fan curves on any mode, even silent. That said especially performance and even windows mode. My laptop idles at 30-40c in turbo, when it's running the best clocks, yet on windows and performance the fans do nothing until 60c and I have had idle temps get that high. You may think that is acceptable as an Idle temp, I do not. I would much sooner be able to have a stronger fan curve and general ambient fans to keep cooler temps in lower profiles. It just makes more sense to have adjustable fan speeds on ANY gaming machine. Especially one that just cost me £1600.

Please rectify this problem and possibly implement the curve adjustment on all profiles.
8 REPLIES 8

BigJohnny
Level 13
I gave up on ASUS fan control long ago. Never would work across multiple platforms since Z90. best I could do was ramping up and down which is not acceptable. Get an aquaero controller.

Why give up?
I mean their software is quite capable of doing it, especially since it's designed to run with their hardware.
Laptops especially, which is where my problem lays. I have 1600quid laptop that can't adjust fan curves, yet if i got a base model RoG I can have that control. That right there is absolute nonsense lol

The beauty with most desktops is there are other means of using fan controls, on laptops it's a little more awkward, or so google is telling me. Hence me appealing to ASUS here.

Good luck, while you think it would be something they can do, they have not been able to even make their own RGB system stable for over a year. They are NOT a software company and it shows in every single aspect. Read some other posts

I don't trust software fan control not mention it does not allow me to utilize my vardar fan stop feature at all cos calibration thinks it should be spinning even at minimum the result is my fans spin at minimum of 1000 rpm all the time even tho they can go as low as 500 rpm minimum but no Asus has setup fan calibration in such horrible way that calibration only makes things worse, and just when you think in software you be able to utilize that better nope can't do.

Also if you hate armoury crate and have x570 chipset and use openrgb and open it regulary please don't it disables chipset fan when openrgb software runs cos Asus rgb is not open source so openrgb has to reverse engineer rgb controls which is buggy and risky as they have warned them self.

Ragnaraz690 wrote:
Why give up?
I mean their software is quite capable of doing it, especially since it's designed to run with their hardware.
Laptops especially, which is where my problem lays. I have 1600quid laptop that can't adjust fan curves, yet if i got a base model RoG I can have that control. That right there is absolute nonsense lol

The beauty with most desktops is there are other means of using fan controls, on laptops it's a little more awkward, or so google is telling me. Hence me appealing to ASUS here.

I gave up because it doesnt work to my liking. I get tired of fans ramping all the time as the hysteresis sucks. I can control my liquid temp with a min of 28C and a max of 32C and if its 28 or below they run at minimum speed and when the liquid starts warming up they slowly ramp up as they should until max power at 32C which I seldom hit. I tried 42 different ways from Sunday with ASUS fan control and no matter how I set the curves and what I used as a reference up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down......lather rinse repeat. Aquaero and problem solved. The ASUS did the same with my pumps too. When I wanted them to stay at set speeds they still were all over the place. Watching my flow meter at idle would make me dizzy, again....aqauaero and problem solved. Yes it get pricey but and a BIG BUT.....it works flawlessly!

My condolences for being stuck with it on a laptop.

I'm with you on this one,

I don't see any good reason to withhold manual fan control from the TUF series. They can do it for the ROG, so the knowhow is there.
I manage my TUF with an IETS cooling pad and it does the job very well, but it creates a warm spot on the keyboard and it's doing that because it's pushing air in faster than the fans are clearing it...

At this point I'd settle for a maxed out fan profile, even if that would chew through the fans life faster.

BigJohnny wrote:
I gave up because it doesnt work to my liking. I get tired of fans ramping all the time as the hysteresis sucks. I can control my liquid temp with a min of 28C and a max of 32C and if its 28 or below they run at minimum speed and when the liquid starts warming up they slowly ramp up as they should until max power at 32C which I seldom hit. I tried 42 different ways from Sunday with ASUS fan control and no matter how I set the curves and what I used as a reference up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down......lather rinse repeat. Aquaero and problem solved. The ASUS did the same with my pumps too. When I wanted them to stay at set speeds they still were all over the place. Watching my flow meter at idle would make me dizzy, again....aqauaero and problem solved. Yes it get pricey but and a BIG BUT.....it works flawlessly!

My condolences for being stuck with it on a laptop.

At my rog strix x570-e i can set rampup time in both bios and ai suite altho i cant set fan stop inside bios only inside ai suite i really wish i could also set it inside bios to do fan stop at 20% and to fix damn calibration cos if my fans stop spinning it will calibrate above treshold even tho fanstop is a feature on my fans.
Reason i want it calibrated is cos all 10 fans stop spinning except 1 does not and that creates airflow patern where dust gets sucked in where there no fan filters.

if tuf has no software control that is a real shame it should have those options as well.

Thing is, I have altered fan profiles on a "manual" profile for my friends RoG laptop, hexcore intel with a 2060. That worked fine for me, well... her.
The fans kick in earlier and will hit 100% before it's actually a critical point.
Tbh, the fan curve should be accessible in all profiles, as it's been said, it is on the ROG system, it's purely a software block.
If ASUS can't handle the software side, maybe it's about time they hired a 3rd party to manage those software problems.