cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XG43VQ DisplayWidget Multiframe

ForsakenOutlaw
Level 7
Just got an XG43VQ and downloaded the DisplayWidget software v.3.4....
I've gone into the Multiframe option and I just want 2 even panels (left & right) - weird that it's not a default option available.
So there is a customize option.

On customize, I'd like to know how to delete the bars, as it is now it let's be customize only 4 panes, if I could delete the horizontal lines, I could have 2 even frames left & right.
5 REPLIES 5

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Did you figure this out ? I just got the XG43VQ great monitor by the way 🙂

oG kill3r wrote:
Did you figure this out ? I just got the XG43VQ great monitor by the way 🙂

I have not, nor have I been able to find any information online.
I kind of stopped looking honestly - would love to know why such a necessary option isn't included as default it seems silly.

For now I just snap my windows left & right but this functionality would make certain things a lot easier.
Asus - FYI - if you're reading - please add horizontal 2-way snap to this program.

scgt1
Level 8
Do you have any eye strain issues with browser use or say file manager? I got this monitor a few days ago and have been struggling with settings ever since trying to stop it. I have a feeling it's more going from 2160P to 1200P that is my issue. Who knows.

It's funny your post is about their app. I can't even get it to open (it's in the tray but clicking on it does nothing) unless I end the program and open it again. Not surprised as it's Asus software. Let's just create it but not do anything to fix issues with it. Asus MO!

ForsakenOutlaw
Level 7
I had eye strain issues in general with the monitor. I choked it up to getting used to the wide & curved screen but also the brightness. I lowed it down and the eyestrain basically went away. I used a light meter in my room to see what the brightness was and matched that to a suggested brightness setting I found on I believe Tom's Hardware (?).

ForsakenOutlaw wrote:
I had eye strain issues in general with the monitor. I choked it up to getting used to the wide & curved screen but also the brightness. I lowed it down and the eyestrain basically went away. I used a light meter in my room to see what the brightness was and matched that to a suggested brightness setting I found on I believe Tom's Hardware (?).

Good to know I'm not loosing my mind. My office is pretty dang dark and I have the brightness adjusted for that fact but it really doesn't seem to matter even on 0. LOL