fatalhalt PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix B550-I Gaming 2003 BIOS
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Storage #1Firecuda 520 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750

STRIX B550-I GAMING Beta BIOS 2003 Ryzen 5000 series

Wondering if anybody flashed the BETA Version 2003 03/15/2021 BIOS on their B550 motherboard, how did it went? Any problems? Did the saved OC profiles still load up after the upgrade? Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fatalhalt View Post
    Wondering if anybody flashed the BETA Version 2003 03/15/2021 BIOS on their B550 motherboard, how did it went? Any problems? Did the saved OC profiles still load up after the upgrade? Thanks.
    Hi

I did load the new BETA Version 2003 03/15/2021 BIOS and found some problems with it.

In short: If you don't need any of the fixes that are mentioned in the changelog of the bios, then don't flash it yet on your B550-I motherboard.

Detailed:

The upgrade went like expected, no flash error, PC posted for entering bios after flash. Loading the saved OC profiles did work for the most part, besides some kinks:

Everything that had in version 1803 a enable/disable slider is now a dropdown with enable/disable/auto as a choice and defaults to auto mode, no matter what you have set before the upgrade. I had to go through a few options to set my settings correctly.

Some settings like CPPC just changed (1803 enabled -> 2003 disabled) even after applying the OC profile.

There is a bug with the USB controller. I enabled all USB ports and all were enabled and worked in the bios, but as soon as I booted into Windows the USB 3 Gen 2 (ports 5 & 6) top port was disabled...

I didn't test all options in the bios, but I think this should suffice for most people. Hope this helps.

ROG Member Array fatalhalt PC Specs
    fatalhalt PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix B550-I Gaming 2003 BIOS
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    Storage #1Firecuda 520 1TB PCIe NVMe 4.0
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750

Quote Originally Posted by yadu95 View Post
    ...as soon as I booted into Windows the USB 3 Gen 2 (ports 5 & 6) top port was disabled... .
    Hi @yadu95, thanks for the reply, I know I'm bit late to thank you, I have been running beta BIOSes released since then, I can confirm the this particular USB dropping when Windows boots (they work fine when in UEFI), I appreciate your response especially in regards to the CPPC , I wasn't even aware this option exist and did some reading/research myself. I too had to re-enter all of my OC setting after flashing the BIOS, luckily I had it all written down.