cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX B550-I GAMING Beta BIOS 2003 Ryzen 5000 series

fatalhalt
Level 9
Wondering if anybody flashed the BETA Version 2003 03/15/2021 BIOS on their B550 motherboard, how did it went? Any problems? Did the saved OC profiles still load up after the upgrade? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

yadu95
Level 7
fatalhalt wrote:
Wondering if anybody flashed the BETA Version 2003 03/15/2021 BIOS on their B550 motherboard, how did it went? Any problems? Did the saved OC profiles still load up after the upgrade? Thanks.

Hi

I did load the new BETA Version 2003 03/15/2021 BIOS and found some problems with it.

In short: If you don't need any of the fixes that are mentioned in the changelog of the bios, then don't flash it yet on your B550-I motherboard.

Detailed:

The upgrade went like expected, no flash error, PC posted for entering bios after flash. Loading the saved OC profiles did work for the most part, besides some kinks:

Everything that had in version 1803 a enable/disable slider is now a dropdown with enable/disable/auto as a choice and defaults to auto mode, no matter what you have set before the upgrade. I had to go through a few options to set my settings correctly.

Some settings like CPPC just changed (1803 enabled -> 2003 disabled) even after applying the OC profile.

There is a bug with the USB controller. I enabled all USB ports and all were enabled and worked in the bios, but as soon as I booted into Windows the USB 3 Gen 2 (ports 5 & 6) top port was disabled... 😞

I didn't test all options in the bios, but I think this should suffice for most people. Hope this helps.

yadu95 wrote:
...as soon as I booted into Windows the USB 3 Gen 2 (ports 5 & 6) top port was disabled... :(.
Hi @yadu95, thanks for the reply, I know I'm bit late to thank you, I have been running beta BIOSes released since then, I can confirm the this particular USB dropping when Windows boots (they work fine when in UEFI), I appreciate your response especially in regards to the CPPC , I wasn't even aware this option exist and did some reading/research myself. I too had to re-enter all of my OC setting after flashing the BIOS, luckily I had it all written down.