cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build, need Help system stability

Morbeious
Level 7
Hi Gang,

New system build, I've taking pictures of my setting with CPU-z and provided a link below. The system seems to freeze sometime; I used the CPU Step Up in AI suit which got me to 3369mhz, but when I try to go higher my system crashes and the bios craps out. Can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong. I thought it would be easy to do these simple overclocks with AI Suit II. Everything in my bios is at the default expect for when I use AI Suit to overclock.

My systen components are listed in my sig..

Plz Help ..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
9 REPLIES 9

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Your link dosent work, use photobucket or just upload the picture in a new post using this :
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?910-HOW-TO-USE-THE-SPECIAL-FUNCTIONS-WHEN-POSTING!

Also for you issue, did you left all the setting in the bios on auto? If yes that could be the issue.
Send us back a working pic of CPU-z and add all your system spec with the more detail you can.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Ok, I got them working now.. Hmm, all settings are on Auto, so i need to make them fix? if I do that will the AI Suit still work for O/C?

martin_metal_88 wrote:
Your link dosent work, use photobucket or just upload the picture in a new post using this :
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?910-HOW-TO-USE-THE-SPECIAL-FUNCTIONS-WHEN-POSTING!

Also for you issue, did you left all the setting in the bios on auto? If yes that could be the issue.
Send us back a working pic of CPU-z and add all your system spec with the more detail you can.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

martin_metal_88
Level 8
It's better to do it manually in the bios. Auto setting can go up and down so sometime it can be unstable. Also some time it go to far so it can damage your hardware.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

martin_metal_88 wrote:
It's better to do it manually in the bios. Auto setting can go up and down so sometime it can be unstable. Also some time it go to far so it can damage your hardware.

Got you point, thanks. I got it over clock to 3712mhz and it seems to be stable, did it in the bios.. I also stepped up my memory to 2000mhz, the only real interesting change I see now is my video card is no longer at 51c it went up to 71c right after boot.. not sure why its running hotter.. I didn't overclock it.. because its oc'ed out of the box.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

xeromist
Make a note of your settings and revert the BIOS to default; does your gpu temp drop back down? Not that this is an issue, that temp is well within acceptable limits. I'd be more worried about what the load temp is.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Make a note of your settings and revert the BIOS to default; does your gpu temp drop back down? Not that this is an issue, that temp is well within acceptable limits. I'd be more worried about what the load temp is.

Ok, after going back to defaults it went back to its normal 52c.. interesting.. I will be getting new video cards this weekend.. so its not that big of an issue. I hope
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

martin_metal_88
Level 8
When you Oc'ed in bios did you touche the PCI setting? If yesthis can be the issue. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprise to find out that your videoc ard sensor are going crzy with CPU OC. 8800 is getting old so some hardware incompatibility can come reality. Anyway, give us some update with the new GPU 😉
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

martin_metal_88 wrote:
When you Oc'ed in bios did you touche the PCI setting? If yesthis can be the issue. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprise to find out that your videoc ard sensor are going crzy with CPU OC. 8800 is getting old so some hardware incompatibility can come reality. Anyway, give us some update with the new GPU 😉

I didn't touch anything with a PCI setting, I think its just in incompatibility issue.. Maybe the MB overs clocks the PCI bus when over clocking the CPU with the Auto over clocking setting in the bios, I believe thats more or less the case. either way I should be getting a new GPU on Friday... YeepEEE
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
the only thing that seems to have gone wrong here is that it overclocked to much you should use asus overclocking built in technoligy before i would use one from any one else. thats it it has over clocked a bit to much thats all