cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q code 06 only when using memory slots B1 or B2

TheDude23112
Level 8
Q code 0d only when using memory slots B1 or B2. If I don't use them and instead use slots A1 A2, there is no Q code 6
9 REPLIES 9

pndiode
Level 11
If you are using only two sticks of memory the user manual page 1-5 says use A2 and B2.

Yes, I have the manual. What I am saying is that if I put one into either B1 or B2 I get Q code 66

Try reloading BIOS page 2-14 in user manual.

I have the latest bios installed.

Try reloading BIOS 3003

had issues with that release, system would shut down with memory in a B slot. That is why updated to latest bios.; at least now it just hangs with 06.

Try reloading BIOS 702 and work your way up from there. I am out of ideas.

For example, I have a ROG IX Extreme with G-Skill Memory F4-3600C17Q-16GVK with an I7-7700K an never got it to work even though it is on the memory Qualified Vendors List (QVL). Then I would get all the codes you described in this post and your previous post.

Now ASUS memory QVL says that G-Skill Memory F4-3600C17Q-16GVK with an I7-7700K will work on an ASUS IX Extreme, but G-skill QVL does not list it as compatible with an ASUS IX Extreme. Whom should I file a lawsuit against? So, I brought the G-Skill F4-3600C19Q-32GTZRB because it is on the G-Skill memory QVL for an IX Extreme and it works, but it is not on the ASUS memory QVL list and works flawlessly.

Anyway, the only reason I stated try reloading BIOS 702 and work your way up from that BIOS is because I could never get an ASUS VIII Extreme Assembly, Gene, or Formula to work with the memory installed (F4-3600C17Q-16GVK ) with any BIOS above 2202 with an I7-6700K. Any BIOS above that would give me the same errors you had previously (15, CC, sometimes 41, 49). At this time any BIOS above 2202 for the previously listed motherboards were modified for an I7-7700K, which at that time I did not have. So, I stayed at BIOS 2202.

If BIOS 702 does not work for your motherboard with the memory, you have that is on the ASUS QVL list RMA your motherboard (Before ASUS says "End Of Life" (EOL)). Again, I am out of ideas on what could be giving your motherboard a Q-Code 06.

just found a beta 3402...

just realized the q-code is ""0d", not "06".....