cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Xiii Hero Problem

Killersjp
Level 7
Hi. Just installed my Maximus XIII motherboard with i9 10900k. I have put 4 Nvme drives on the board. 3 in the Nvme slots (not the top one as that is for 11th Gen and pcie4) the the last one is on the pcie 3 slot at the bottom of the board with a pcie adapter. I have no SATA drives so they are disabled in the bios. When I turn on the computer and the ROG screen appears there is always a spinning circle under it for a while and then the computer starts. If I turn on the computer after turning on at the wall plug the ROG screen comes up and the spinning circle quickly stops and then I lose picture and I have to restart the computer and then it works after the spinning circle of dots. My old Maximus X Hero would just boot with no problem and no spinning circle of dots. Do you think this is a bios problem as the board is new and me having 4 nvme drives. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Killersjp
Level 7
After doing some checking I have found if i turn off fast start up in windows 10 power settings then at least the computer will boot up every time. So I now presume its a windows 10 issue possibly with this Hero XIII motherboard or its bios

Killersjp
Level 7
Ok. After more checking there is a problem with Intel Management Engine Interface and Windows 10 fast startup option ticked in the power settings on Windows 10. Without it installed my computer boots to Windows desktop perfectly. With it installed the computer freezes with no picture during the spinning dots under the ROG logo during booting. *I then have to press the power button on the pc until it turns off. Once I press the power button again it boots ok. If I then uninstall the management engine the computer boot ok every time. I will wait for a update of the Intel software then try again. Hope this helps if someone else gets the same problem with this new released board. Thanks for reading.*

Killersjp wrote:
Ok. After more checking there is a problem with Intel Management Engine Interface and Windows 10 fast startup option ticked in the power settings on Windows 10. Without it installed my computer boots to Windows desktop perfectly. With it installed the computer freezes with no picture during the spinning dots under the ROG logo during booting. *I then have to press the power button on the pc until it turns off. Once I press the power button again it boots ok. If I then uninstall the management engine the computer boot ok every time. I will wait for a update of the Intel software then try again. Hope this helps if someone else gets the same problem with this new released board. Thanks for reading.*

Hello, I have the exact same problem , and thought was the motherboard, Asus told me was a bad motherboard, I went to get a new one, and after installing the drivers I encounter the same problem.
My PC Boots and works but once restart, it goes black screen and can't tell if hung or what? but If I wanted long enough, Windows boots, ALSO, I have problems with the Bluetooth, none of my devices connects (I'm going mad) this is the second board with the same problems
I'm going to try NO to Install the Management Engine and see what happens

Killersjp
Level 7
I have never managed to have windows fast start up work set to on in the power settings in windows without a black screen from a cold start. I have to say its def something with the motherboard as apart from the cpu all the other components were on my old motherboard which worked fine.