cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS multicore enhacement flips to auto (when overclocking)

empleat
Level 10
Hey,

I want to overclock my CPU - i5 9600KF. Problem is when I apply multiplier either per core/or sync all cores, ASUS multicore enhacement flips to "Auto" from "disabled" and Intel Turbo also switches to "Enabled" from "disabled"... These should be disabled when overclocking, as I will manually overclock. This shouldn't be happening, no idea what is causing that!

Thanks for help!
10 REPLIES 10

empleat
Level 10
Any ideas?

empleat wrote:
Any ideas?

It might be helpful to tell us which mainboard it is

thunderrd wrote:
It might be helpful to tell us which mainboard it is

Ops forgot ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-i gaming

And no one answers again...

Still having this issue, these forums aren't very active...

I don't want use Intel Turbo!!! I want static clock!!!

empleat
Level 10
zzzzzzzz

BigJohnny
Level 13
Maybe no one else is having this issue. I turn mine off as its suggested when overclocking.
Turbo you would still want on as it will throttle back the CPU depending on the power profile. If you have it set to balanced it will clock it back. I turn turbo off on my board (R6EE) and I get default clocks no matter what I set the multiplier to, also odd behavior.
Have you updated the BIOS? If so have you tried one revision older? May even be just a case of clearing the CMOS and starting over.

bscool
Level 11
Asus Multicore enhancement needs to be Auto/ON/enabled or you cannot overclock and will be limited to Intel's defaults.

bscool wrote:
Asus Multicore enhancement needs to be Auto/ON/enabled or you cannot overclock and will be limited to Intel's defaults.

Yes, this. :cool:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass