cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix x570-e USB Issue With VR Set

Dan_T
Level 7
I have a HP Reverb G2 and when I plug it in, the system does not see it. I’ve tried all USB ports, I’ve updated to the latest beta bios 3603 which was supposed to address usb connectivity. I’m running latest chipset drivers, Windows 10 Pro fully updated. Also have tried a powered usb hub, a pcie usb card, turning off c state, turning down pcie slots to Gen 3....all things recommended by Amd. Usb keyboard and mouse work fine. I took my Reverb to a friend who has an Intel rig and it works fine on his system.*Other system specs:
Amd 5950x cpu
MSI 3090 Suprim
32 gigs Corsair ram*

Where do I go from here? Wait for another bios update or rma the motherboard or what? I’m pretty frustrated at this point. Thanks in advance for any help.*
3 REPLIES 3

Amurtigress
Level 7
Dan T wrote:
I have a HP Reverb G2 and when I plug it in, the system does not see it. I’ve tried all USB ports, I’ve updated to the latest beta bios 3603 which was supposed to address usb connectivity. I’m running latest chipset drivers, Windows 10 Pro fully updated. Also have tried a powered usb hub, a pcie usb card, turning off c state, turning down pcie slots to Gen 3....all things recommended by Amd. Usb keyboard and mouse work fine. I took my Reverb to a friend who has an Intel rig and it works fine on his system.*Other system specs:
Amd 5950x cpu
MSI 3090 Suprim
32 gigs Corsair ram*

Where do I go from here? Wait for another bios update or rma the motherboard or what? I’m pretty frustrated at this point. Thanks in advance for any help.*

I'd try an add-in USB card. I'd suspect that any AMD USB port is affected, and to get around that you'd simply need a different USB chip... No guarantees, but a USB card isn't exactly going to break your bank. ^.^

Dan_T
Level 7
I have already tried two different usb pcie cards to no avail. I guess I need to hope that amd comes out with a bios fix for this. I understand they sent AGESA 1.2.0.2 to Asus which is supposed to address this so hopefully when it’s released by Asus, it will fix the issue.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Dan,
The ROG Strix x570-e gaming is supporting Displayport 1.2, while G2 is using DP1.3.
Maybe connect the VR headset to the VGA?
Thank you.