cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703vd Issues Installing Rog Gaming Center

Elle91
Level 7
Hi! I recently swapped out my hard drive for a new one because my old one was broken and I upgraded to a SDD and reinstalled windows. I guess when I did that, I lost the ability to use ROG Gaming Center as when I press my button, nothing happens. I have been wanting to fix this issue but have been running into multiple issues. The program is completely gone from my computer and when I try to reinstall it, my computer crashes. This is a new thing because before, it was giving me a weird error that I don't remember the details on. Well, this time it acts like it's gonna install but then crashes. My computer is a GL703vd with Windows 10 64 bit. If anyone could help me get this problem fixed, I would be much obliged! I would really like to be able to change the backlit color on my keyboard and such that comes with ROG Gaming Center. I've searched all over google and cannot find a solution that helps me. Thank you in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

Elle91
Level 7
Bump

BigJohnny
Level 13
You farted on that one.
There is always a folder on every laptops factory image titled eSupport. All the dirvers and packages for the specific model are in there. If its not available on the product download page then your best bet is to beg and plead for someone that has the machine and image intact to zip up that folder up and upload it to google drive or similar. You will also need the ATK pack installed along with the gaming center for the button on the keyboard to be mapped as a hot key.

i just looked and both are on the support page.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL703VD/HelpDesk_Download/
You will need to download both but there are still other things missing that can only be found on in the eSupport folder. Every ASUS laptop comes with it on the factory image.

Id recommded in the least downloading the latest of everything from the support page and installing it starting with Chipset then Intel MEI. After that the ATK package. Then follow up with the rest.

I know its too late now but when I buy a new laptop the first thing I do get it with a small drive, buy the drive I want, Then do all the updates and clone the original drive to the new drive and put the original in a drawer somewhere so you always have it. If you need to send it in for repair with anything other than OEM parts they will send it right back so its double insurance if you ever need to send it in for service. Just the original image with updates on it so you dont have to worry about your personal files either.

Next step is to save the eSupport folder to a NAS or other media so you always have it. Everything specific to that machine as far as software and drivers is in that folder.

BigJohnny wrote:
You farted on that one.
There is always a folder on every laptops factory image titled eSupport. All the dirvers and packages for the specific model are in there. If its not available on the product download page then your best bet is to beg and plead for someone that has the machine and image intact to zip up that folder up and upload it to google drive or similar. You will also need the ATK pack installed along with the gaming center for the button on the keyboard to be mapped as a hot key.

i just looked and both are on the support page.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL703VD/HelpDesk_Download/
You will need to download both but there are still other things missing that can only be found on in the eSupport folder. Every ASUS laptop comes with it on the factory image.

Id recommded in the least downloading the latest of everything from the support page and installing it starting with Chipset then Intel MEI. After that the ATK package. Then follow up with the rest.

I know its too late now but when I buy a new laptop the first thing I do get it with a small drive, buy the drive I want, Then do all the updates and clone the original drive to the new drive and put the original in a drawer somewhere so you always have it. If you need to send it in for repair with anything other than OEM parts they will send it right back so its double insurance if you ever need to send it in for service. Just the original image with updates on it so you dont have to worry about your personal files either.

Next step is to save the eSupport folder to a NAS or other media so you always have it. Everything specific to that machine as far as software and drivers is in that folder.

Thank you so much for the response and the help! I usually send my laptop in to asus for repairs but I wanted to upgrade the drive this time and I had no idea this would happen. Next time, I hope to be better prepared so something like this doesn't happen again. That's a good idea for the future, though! I'll see about doing what you suggested and let you know how it goes.

Edit: So I did all of that and gaming center still won't install without crashing my computer. It keeps giving me a blue screen of death that says something about a thread exception error or something?

BigJohnny
Level 13
Make note of the exact error with the code. Its fast sometimes but have a camera ready.

Thread exception not handled is generally GPU drivers.

Asus wont even look at it with anything other than factory installed hardware.

So sorry for the delay! I had a busy week leading up to an event I was going to. I finally got a picture of the error, though.

bump

I read your post a couple weeks ago. I thought for sure someone would have questioned your blue screen error. The ASUS GL703VD is an Intel laptop and does not have a Ryzen chip.

I would suggest you restore the laptop to original configuration and return it to ASUS for repair. Request that the original Operating System be restored. When you get the laptop back, make copies of your eSupport folder before you attempt to duplicate the OS drive.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I read your post a couple weeks ago. I thought for sure someone would have questioned your blue screen error. The ASUS GL703VD is an Intel laptop and does not have a Ryzen chip.

I would suggest you restore the laptop to original configuration and return it to ASUS for repair. Request that the original Operating System be restored. When you get the laptop back, make copies of your eSupport folder before you attempt to duplicate the OS drive.

Good Luck

The old hard drive was tossed because I didn't think I would need it anymore cause it was broken. So I don't think they will want to work on it with a SDD that I added myself. 😞 Is there some other program I might be able to download to change the backlit color of my keyboard maybe?