cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Information For Wired Devices - Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000

BiggShooter
Level 7
I'm not able to get any information for Wired Devices connected to the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. The 'TX Rate' (Mbps), 'RX Rate' (Mbps), and 'Access Time' display no information. I've rebooted the router, and I'm still seeing no information regarding Wired Devices connected to the router. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Appreciate any suggestions or troubleshooting regarding this issue. Thanks*
11 REPLIES 11

Saltgrass
Level 13
If you are looking at the Traffic Analyzer Real-time, I do see wired traffic. I do not have the App Analyzer enabled in the Bandwidth monitor.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
If you are looking at the Traffic Analyzer Real-time, I do see wired traffic. I do not have the App Analyzer enabled in the Bandwidth monitor.

This is not where I was looking at Wired Devices. You can check the devices connected to the router using Network Map and selecting View List. Once the list populates, you can sort by device connection. Give this a try and let me know what you see forWired Devices.

Hi, I do see what you see; that is, no display of data exchange (Tx/Rx/Access Time) for wired devices under Network Map-View List-Interface. I've got two GTs and this issue is on both. It must be firmware-related. What about sending feedback about it?

Saltgrass
Level 13
No, I just show a - space holder in those positions. But what would you expect to see on a wired connection, 1Gbps possibly.

Wireless send and receive rates vary all over the place so that info is helpful. As far as I know the rates are a link speed which refreshes every so often, not a second by second readout. Current speeds are shown in the Traffic Analyzer-Traffic Monitor. And wired shows there also..

Are you still working on the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet situation?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
Are you still working on the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet situation?

Yes. I finally got fed up with trying to get support instead of having to send it back for a third time. I caved and requested a RMA. We'll see how a third, brand new / factory sealed GT-AX11000 handles a wired connection [to my Xbox Series] to the 2.5G Gaming Port. :mad:

Saltgrass
Level 13
To me, you appear to be burning up routers. Maybe what you are doing is legal and an accepted practice but something you are doing is eating routers. Please, try to eliminate the actual problem. Whether is it one of those 24 port Ethernet switches or the xBox, something appears to be pulling too much current through the 2.5 Gb port.

There is always a chance one of your devices, other than the ASUS router, is defective.. If ASUS has in their possession the failed routers, they should be able to tell you exactly what is failing and why.

I don't have an xBox so I cannot test such a thing. It may be taking shortcuts to improve its performance but a high current draw can damage equipment over time...

I just lost a GT-AX86U because I was using the power supply from an AX11000 on a temporary basis while I was setting it up. I would not have expected a larger than required power supply would over drive a smaller unit, but it did.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
To me, you appear to be burning up routers. Maybe what you are doing is legal and an accepted practice but something you are doing is eating routers. Please, try to eliminate the actual problem. Whether is it one of those 24 port Ethernet switches or the xBox, something appears to be pulling too much current through the 2.5 Gb port.

There is always a chance one of your devices, other than the ASUS router, is defective.. If ASUS has in their possession the failed routers, they should be able to tell you exactly what is failing and why.

I don't have an xBox so I cannot test such a thing. It may be taking shortcuts to improve its performance but a high current draw can damage equipment over time...

I just lost a GT-AX86U because I was using the power supply from an AX11000 on a temporary basis while I was setting it up. I would not have expected a larger than required power supply would over drive a smaller unit, but it did.

I don't have ANY issues utilizing all the LAN ports on the back of the Netduma R2 router, nor the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Gaming Router (currently being used as an AP connected to the back of the Netduma R2 Router). This is my current network configuration while I await another brand new / factory sealed Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX10000 from Asus (should arrive this weekend). I do believe it's a hardware issue with the GT-AX11000. If it was the Xbox Series X, the PS5, or either of the two Netgear switches "burning up" / "eating" the GT-AX11000, I'd see a similar issue with the Netduma R2 router or Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 router. And currently, all LAN ports are working properly without any issues.

Asus Tech Support has never indicated why the previous routers have failed (2.5G Gaming Port). Quite frankly, I don't think they care. They'll just continue to send out brand new / factory sealed routers until they figure out what is causing the issue and providing a fix or resolution to the problem. Also, as far as I know, there is no "current" through the CAT7 ethernet cable connecting the Xbox Series X to the 2.5G Gaming Port on the GT-AX11000.

We'll see what happens with the next GT-AX11000.

Have you tested the 2.5Gb Port? :confused:

Believe me BigShooter has done all troubleshooting to eliminate causes. He would have already done this first thing.

I would have to agree that ASUS having the failed units in hand should be able to tell him what failed and possible reasons why. However knowing ASUS support, too many handoffs between support agents and different agents and little or no communications from these agents back to the customers, I highly doubt we'll know what the true failure was. I'm still waiting to hear why my AX can't connect at 2400Mpbs and has slow thruput speeds in wireless bridge mode while using the 2.5Gb port. :mad:

However having different routers on same system also tells me that other routers don't have this problem with his equipment. So it seems to be a possible HW failure on the ASUS part. I have this same model router and have not seen this issue though I don't use mine in router mode, I do have a 2.5Gb PCIe network adapter connected to the 2.5Gb port and have not see it fail to date. Though this worries me if someone is seeing problems on the 2.5Gb port in router mode, how bad is this problem? How many units are out there in the field and are people using this port and unknowingly may fail on them? :confused:

If support was better than it's current operation, they would help BigShooter in better ways to figure out what is happening when he uses the 2.5Gb port. Even connecting a 1Gb device to the 2.5Gb port should be backwards compatible and not bother the hardware. If same configuration works on other routers and then fails with ASUS, it kinda points to there being a problem on the ASUS side of the fence.

Let not assume that Biggshooter is purposefully causing the problem. Trust me, he's NOT!

And since he's in contact with ASUS support, it's in there hands. Let's let them deal with it.

Saltgrass
Level 13
First, no one suggested anything was being done intentionally. But having 3 bad devices in a row fail in the same manner, has a very low probably. But even this might depend on if the replacement router is not actually a refurbished unit..

To do troubleshooting, sometimes you have to think outside the box. If you don't know what is causing the problem then you have to find out what isn't and eliminate that as a cause. Eventually, a circumstance will present as the actual cause. Even using a Cat 7 cable, which should not be a problem, may be due to the increased bandwidth.

I doubt ASUS will redesign the router soon so, for whatever reason it is not able to fulfil its requirements, it may be time to ask for money back or sell the new unit directly so a more suitable unit can be found.

I have been happy with mine so I am disappointed to see the current situation.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200