Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    14

    Rog Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi sound issue

    EDIT : It turns out the problem was my DAC, not the motherboard. See my final post for the exhilarating story.

    Hello there.

    I'm having issues with the optical audio on my new Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi. I have tried both the Asus and Microsoft drivers, and with both drivers the sound will cut out momentarily every 5 - 10 seconds or so.

    Normally the first thing I do upon installing a new motherboard is a fresh Windows install, but for a number of reasons, I am yet to get around to it. I tried running Ubuntu Live to make sure it was software rather than hardware, but that didn't play any sound at all when selecting the Realtek USB option.

    I have just updated the BIOS with the most recent version that has just been released.

    I can't say for sure whether it's hardware or software, but I'm 95% sure it's driver-related. Probably a fresh install will fix the problem, but if anybody else has experienced this, could you please let me know (and a possible fix )

    Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Cool Barn; 03-31-2021 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® 10th Generation Core™ i5-10600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Roccat Savu
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    69

    Hi,

    Have you updated to 0605 Bios ?

    I posted a thread about the drivers. They aren't very stable because it's a new chip 4080. Have to wait for driver update. I run without the drivers for now.

  3. #3
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Barn View Post
    Hello there.

    I'm having issues with the optical audio on my new Strix Z590-E Gaming Wifi. I have tried both the Asus and Microsoft drivers, and with both drivers the sound will cut out momentarily every 5 - 10 seconds or so.

    Normally the first thing I do upon installing a new motherboard is a fresh Windows install, but for a number of reasons, I am yet to get around to it. I tried running Ubuntu Live to make sure it was software rather than hardware, but that didn't play any sound at all when selecting the Realtek USB option.

    I have just updated the BIOS with the most recent version that has just been released.

    I can't say for sure whether it's hardware or software, but I'm 95% sure it's driver-related. Probably a fresh install will fix the problem, but if anybody else has experienced this, could you please let me know (and a possible fix )

    Thank you for your help!
    Having issues with this board audio too when using the Realtek optical output. Will work fine for a while then massive static feedback. Tested with different speakers and headsets. Reinstalled any audio related drivers. Its getting frustrating and unable to enjoy games at the moment and its unusable when it happens.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® 10th Generation Core™ i5-10600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Roccat Savu
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    69

    Hi,

    I have an open ticket about this driver. One other issue is it slows down windows boot on load. You can hear a faint pop from sub woofer. The average is about 5 to 10 seconds longer to boot.

    Try this.

    Uninstall using Mokichu's instructions (CLEANUP, INSTALL,) HERE


    Do not use the drivers that he posted but use the drivers form the ASUS Website THESE ONES

    Also, don't use the install file but use the batch file (BAT) and run as administrator. You won't see much going on but it is installing. Wait a few minutes, then reboot. You can use the sonic studio settings and try it out then.

    If you still have issues. I suggest opening a ticket. The more tickets, the more attention it gets.

    Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by Zardoc; 03-28-2021 at 03:40 PM.

  5. #5
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
    Hi,

    I have an open ticket about this driver. One other issue is it slows down windows boot on load. You can hear a faint pop from sub woofer. The average is about 5 to 10 seconds longer to boot.

    Try this.

    Uninstall using Mokichu's instructions (CLEANUP, INSTALL,) HERE


    Do not use the drivers that he posted but use the drivers form the ASUS Website THESE ONES

    Also, don't use the install file but use the batch file (BAT) and run as administrator. You won't see much going on but it is installing. Wait a few minutes, then reboot. You can use the sonic studio settings and try it out then.

    If you still have issues. I suggest opening a ticket. The more tickets, the more attention it gets.

    Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks very much for the info just trying this now. I thought I was going crazy trying to diagnose the problem for the past few weeks. Its been really stressful so in a way good to see others having various issues with audio on z590. To be honest just the fact it was calling the output 'Realtek Optical [USB Audio]' or something just felt strange.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® 10th Generation Core™ i5-10600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Roccat Savu
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    69

    Just an added note. I uninstalled the Sonic Sonar and the DTS app. So far, all is good. Sound is very good.

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
    Hi,

    Have you updated to 0605 Bios ?

    I posted a thread about the drivers. They aren't very stable because it's a new chip 4080. Have to wait for driver update. I run without the drivers for now.
    Have just updated to 0704 - same problem

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
    Hi,

    I have an open ticket about this driver. One other issue is it slows down windows boot on load. You can hear a faint pop from sub woofer. The average is about 5 to 10 seconds longer to boot.

    Try this.

    Uninstall using Mokichu's instructions (CLEANUP, INSTALL,) HERE


    Do not use the drivers that he posted but use the drivers form the ASUS Website THESE ONES

    Also, don't use the install file but use the batch file (BAT) and run as administrator. You won't see much going on but it is installing. Wait a few minutes, then reboot. You can use the sonic studio settings and try it out then.

    If you still have issues. I suggest opening a ticket. The more tickets, the more attention it gets.

    Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks very much for the help, but sadly that didn't help either

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    14

    UPDATE : It has turned out that the motherboard was NOT to blame after all!

    It was actually the DAC that my optical was running to.

    Let me ask you this - what are the chances of your DAC failing at the EXACT same time you change your motherboard?

    One minute I'm running a Z490 board - optical runs fine.

    I Install a Z590 board - audio starts cutting out when connected to both optical-inputs.

    Your first thought is definitely not "I'll have to replace my DAC".

    New board - new problem, right?

    The funny thing is I asked an extremely talented technician friend of mine "What are the chances of the DAC going at the exact same time I change the mobo? That's why it is most likely the mobo".

    You know his wise, sagely answer :

    "When it comes to your computers - I do not challenge the universe".

    It looks like the universe got me once again

    I'm just glad to have the issue sorted. I have replaced my DAC, and everything is running beautifully. I would like to thank everybody who tried to help. I would also like to thank Asus, who not only got back to me very promptly, but also offered an RMA rather than sending me terrible advice and suggestions every three days like other motherboard manufacturers might do.

    Moral of the story - troubleshoot all possibilities before getting flustered
    Last edited by Cool Barn; 03-31-2021 at 01:09 PM.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    I have the same issue reported (everything is fine until a sudden massive feedback noise).
    I tried the uninstall method described above, reinstalled that specified driver and while the frequency of the issue has decreased, it's still here so any advice would be welcome.

    Additionally, I'm new to Asus ecosystem .. where exactly I can open an issue about this?
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •