Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ex0duS5150 View Post
    This is easily reproduced and happens frequently. I dont understand what the hold up is in finding a solution. Seems its happening no matter what interface is being used. Im no electronics engineer but for a major company to have this issue still on a premium board makes me think the quality assurance you guys do at the factory is not up to par. Again I am a loyal customer and hope this is not a trend..
    Hi there,
    Please kindly open a new post for better discussion.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Same issue

Quote Originally Posted by disenter View Post
    So looks like im not the only one still having some issues with this... I run optical to some reasonably high end klipsch powered studio monitors, and there is constant popping at random intervals happening since the bios update. It fixed the static issue that it previously had, but this is quite annoying also. While there is no sound, out of nowhere little pops. Before you try to blame power or even my speakers themselves, i run a surge board, Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w psu, and i use a Cyberpower Pure Sinewave UPS. My power can't get any cleaner, and this issue does NOT happen if I switch to bluetooth input on my speakers, and connect them that way. Only while using optical. Yes I've tried different leads. It would seem the sound driver / firmware is not quite fixed. Can we please have this followed up by Asus, and if the issue is not fixable beyond this, then suggest a recall / replacement with a board equally as capable that does not use this sound chip. Sorry guys, but you seem to have dropped the ball with this and frankly i expect better of the RoG and Strix brand.
    I am having the same static issues with the optical. All my other Asus boards always said Realtek High Definition Audio and on this one it says High Definition USB audio. I also can't configure my speakers in the sound control panel. The option is greyed out. I am also using the optical with a RCA surround sound system

Moderator Array

Hi Ex0duS5150,

Do you mean the sound pause itself or the sound is choppy? May I have a video about the sound issues you mentioned?
    Do you connect the speaker to the rear audio line out(lime) connection?
    Have you restored bios to all default settings, but still face the audio issues?
    May I have the information below?
    -the bios version and the audio version
    -the serial number of your motherboard via PM
    -the brand and the model name of the CPU, RAM, VGA, PSU
    (For RAM, please check the specific model name such as G.SKILL F4-4800C18D-32GTZR.)
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi monusz61,

Do you also use ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI?
    May I have a video and screenshots about the sound issues you encountered?
    Did it occur on the specific software? and only with SPDIF output?
    If use 3.5mm analog speaker, is there no issue?
    Have you restored bios to all default settings, but still face the audio issues?
    May I know the information below?
    -the bios version and the audio version
    -the brand and the model name of the speaker
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Having similar issues with ROG Strix Z590-A

This is using analog out (don't have a digital decoder handy). Sometimes when audio starts, it will play a loud "digital" noise instead. Stopping and starting the sound fixes it. It's most noticeable when skipping back and forth through videos, as that's a lot of audio stops and starts, but I have experienced this even on system sounds.

Sound on the headset using the audio USB-C connector, or USB connected DAC works fine, so it's limited to the Realtek Audio device.

Moderator Array

Hi netWilk,

I've reported the similar feedback to our tech team.
    If it is possible, could you please record a video about how the noise occurred?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

I am experiencing this every 1-2 days. It occurs on both the digital output and Speakers. The audio will make VERY LOUD static sound. It mostly occurs when switching from a youtube video to another but it can occur while I am playing a game too.

I am using the latest Audio Driver (Realtek Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2299 for Windows 10 64-bit.) + Firmware Fix (ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool)
    I am on Windows 10 Pro.

I can also notice audio delay when playing games like osu where the music and display must be in sync (speakers). However when I uninstall the realtek audio drivers, the issue does not occur, no lag. Is my motherboard deffective or is there a problem with the audio drivers?

ROG Member Array

Hi all,

This happened to me as well but it was MUCH worse; I had the PC connected to my home-theatre at the time and it blasted me completed with a screeching sound (as shown by the YouTube recording here) at > 120dB. If it wasn't for my quick reflexes, we could have easily died or had our ears blown out.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/my-p...ivers/184091/4

I'm now researching on how to include a safety-circuit to sit before the AVR to prevent super high signals being fed into the sound system.

Moderator Array

Hi bsodmike,
    If you use SPDIF output, please update firmware from our support site.
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios
    ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool
    Fixed "SPDIF" playing music is noisy
    Thank you.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardTUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-12700K 12 (8P+4E) Cores, 20 Threads 5 GHz,
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series 175R RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

The sound issue isn't fixed at all. If you plug into another computer the sound delay is longer so the scratching noise is quite present. What a waste of time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9