Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by _Emanuel_ View Post
    I have the same issue reported (everything is fine until a sudden massive feedback noise).
    I tried the uninstall method described above, reinstalled that specified driver and while the frequency of the issue has decreased, it's still here so any advice would be welcome.

Additionally, I'm new to Asus ecosystem .. where exactly I can open an issue about this?
    Thanks!
    I couldn't wait for Asus to get their driver sh*t together, as I was constantly getting woken up by my computer springing to static life at all hours of the day or night. So I bought a soundcard, which fixed the problem instantly (well the second soundcard I installed did so instantly).

Because I'm in Australia, the email address that I received support from was servicecenter_au@asus.com .

The support was very good, stating that I needed to RMA the board, so I appreciate Asus suggesting that rather than mucking around too much with solutions that don't have a great chance of success. But I have been troubleshooting this system for weeks, with a number of different faulty parts (a broken Corsair AIO, and even the original Creative soundcard I purchased to fix this problem was DOA and not recognised by Windows. Thankfully the replacement worked perfectly, but if there is anybody unluckier than me at the moment, I feel very sorry for him/her).

As a result I couldn't wait any longer for my local store to test the motherboard, wait for a replacement, and then reinstall everything, when a soundcard fixed it straight away. And if it was actually a driver issue rather than hardware - then the new motherboard isn't going to be helping very much anyway.

So that's my solution. Buy a $650 motherboard, and then watch it turn into a $1000 motherboard before you can hear proper sound.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Barn View Post
    So that's my solution. Buy a $650 motherboard, and then watch it turn into a $1000 motherboard before you can hear proper sound.
    So along with your DAC problem, did you also had the issue with the sudden static sound?

I have nearly 2 month in which I can return it but I just try to avoid the hassle and to be honest, aside this sound issue, it's working very well.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by _Emanuel_ View Post
    So along with your DAC problem, did you also had the issue with the sudden static sound?
    Let me clarify - initially when connected to my old DAC, the sound was skipping and cutting out every 5-10 seconds. It is a very decent Audio-GD DAC that was quite expensive back in the day, complete with clock upgrades, but was getting a little long in the tooth. As soon as I connected my soundbar (the only other optical-capable device in my house), the audio played fine with not a skip to be heard. Thus it appeared that the DAC had failed at the exact same time that I replaced the motherboard - unlucky right?

I replaced the DAC.

However the audio playing fine only lasted a day or so, as in the middle of the night the computer started blaring out static at the top of its voice, scaring about 17 different types of sh*t out of me. I tried different drivers, plus changing various sound settings in the control panel (eg allow exclusive mode, do not allow exclusive mode, allow audio enhancements, disable audio enhancements, etc etc). Each time the static stopped and I thought I had solved the problem, only for it to recur a short time later.

Quite simply the optical out on my motherboard, be it hardware or drivers, is completely broken. It works brilliantly for a short period of time, then is loud static / white noise for the rest.

I would be interested to hear how the old DAC now performs connected to the soundcard's optical. It's currently at a mate's place (he is a very good technician, and can fix anything fixable). Part of me is scared to hear that there is nothing wrong with the old DAC - that it was the onboard optical being the problem all along, and that I have now spent hundreds of dollars on an unnecessary DAC replacement.

Thanks to this Asus board, I am hemorrhaging money I do not have at an impossible rate

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Barn View Post
    Quite simply the optical out on my motherboard, be it hardware or drivers, is completely broken.
    I think it's a driver problem because when the problem occurs, if I go to the control panel and disable/enable the optical output, the sound comes back.
    If the problem was a hardware one, it could not be corrected in 2 clicks.
    LE. also, right click on sound icon and changing from Off to Windows Sonic, reset the feedback sound to normal (or any other change in that menu)
    Last edited by _Emanuel_; 04-13-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Moderator Array

Hello Cool Barn,
    May you share the alarm website with me? The issue start after you start using that website? or just simply after you change the DAC?
    and may you record a short video of the noise for me to consult more from designers?
    if the sound is not from speaker, are you able to identify where the sound came from? it's close to which part?

Hello Emamuel,
    You also have Strix 590-E gaming wifi?
    May you record a video of the issue as well?
    I'm not sure if all of you have the same issue, can't tell by your wording.

Thank you both for your feedback.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® 10th Generation Core™ i5-10600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Roccat Savu
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hello Cool Barn,
    May you share the alarm website with me? The issue start after you start using that website? or just simply after you change the DAC?
    and may you record a short video of the noise for me to consult more from designers?
    if the sound is not from speaker, are you able to identify where the sound came from? it's close to which part?

Hello Emamuel,

Blake,

FYI,
    There is an open ticket about the driver.

ROG Member Array

Hello Cool Barn,
    Hi Blake,

The problems started immediately after I booted up my Asus z590 motherboard. My original DAC started cutting out, but when I connected the optical cable to my soundbar, then the sound played properly. So I assumed it was the DAC.

I purchased a new DAC. The sound played nicely for a couple of days - "it WAS the DAC" - I thought!

But then the static arrived. In the middle of the night it woke me up, and after that time it would always come back after a reboot, be it after five minutes, or sometimes it could make a few hours before the static started. Until the static starts, the audio sounds perfect.

The sound comes from my bookshelf speakers. If I connect the optical cable to my soundbar, nothing changes. The only thing that allows me to play perfect sound is to disable my onboard audio, and use the soundcard that I additionally had to purchase because of my faulty onboard audio.

The static first woke me up when my alarm was set at the following site :

https://onliveclock.com/alarmclock/

There is no way that website has anything to do with the problem. I have been using it for years without issue, and since I have installed a soundcard, have continued to use it without issue. I use it to wake me up every morning, and the only time it plays static is if I use the onboard Realtek optical on my Asus Z590. It was simply the first thing to fail, showing the problems with my motherboard.

It wasn't just that website - it was EVERYTHING that played a sound, be it playing songs through media applications, watching Youtube Videos, or even simple system sounds.

Here are some videos as requested (note that the sound would return to normal after a reboot, or changing the default device and then back, etc. However as mentioned it would only stay this way for anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours, and then bam - the static would come back and not stop unless I rebooted).

Alarm clock website static : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWIiYHpEHWg
    Spell-check static : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GJEut9GbNQ
    Youtube static : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPg_CWIxrkg

Hope this helps, and thank you for any assistance you can provide

Regards,
    Tony.
    Last edited by Cool Barn; 04-16-2021 at 03:07 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hello Emamuel,
    Hi,
    Yes, I have Strix Z590-E gaming wifi, latest Realtek driver and the bios is at this moment, version 0704 (Beta version that supports Intel ABT)

I recorded the moment when the issue occurred. Sorry for the quality but giving the random nature of the issue ( for me it's totally random, I can't trigger it when I want to) I didn't know how much recorded time it will take hence the 720 resolution.

https://youtu.be/Ohu0VYXozqU
    Last edited by _Emanuel_; 04-17-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Moderator Array

Hello Cool Barn & Emamuel,
    Thank you both so much for the detail description and video.
    I have reported to the designers to dig in.
    Will keep you updated.

ROG Member Array

Hello Cool Barn & Emamuel,
    Thank you both so much for the detail description and video.
    I have reported to the designers to dig in.
    Will keep you updated.
    Thank you Blake, very much appreciated. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon (with good news )

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast