Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by iisd View Post
    Same issue, but with the normal 3.5mm connections at the back of the motherboard (5.1) and only happening very sporadically
    Having the issue with static noise, I've change the output to the analog one and I had zero issues with that.

Considering @Blake@ROG answers, the issue seems to be with Realtek drivers and on top of that, because there is another topic with a similar problem on Z490, I wouldn't hold out much hope that the problem will be solved, but who knows.

Also, to add to our "misery" (so to speak), if the problem was more widespread, the answer would be different so it's probably just a small subset of users: same MB, same windows version, using optical output, etc

I just hope that isn't a hardware issue, because the return window, for me at least is closing fast and I need to know what to decide.

ROG Junior Member Array

Same problem

Hi , I have the same problem with random static noise on optic port( toslink)

Motherboard : STRIX Z590-E Wifi
    CPU : i7-11700k
    RAM : 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance
    Realtek driver version: 6.3.9600.2276

If it helps I previously had TUF Z490-Plus and did not reinstall Windows. I have that simply changing the default output to anything else and then back solves the problem but still the random static makes gaming almost impossible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Feklar PC Specs
    Feklar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XIII Apex
    Processori9 11900k
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Royal F4-3600C15D-16GTRS
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA w/ Ek Waterblock
    MonitorLG38gl950g
    Storage #1Samsung 870 Evo 2TB
    Storage #2850 Evo 1TB and 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling
    CasePhanteks Enthoo 719
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2
    Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
    Headset Audio Technica ath-msr7b
    Headset/Speakers Topping D30 Pro DAC and Topping A90 Headphone Amp
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Accessory #1 Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
    Accessory #2 Koolance Fittings and QDC's
    Accessory #3 EK Magnitude CPU block w/EK Vector GPU block

Maximus XIII Apex and the same issue here. 10-15 in to a game and white noise at max volume. Restarting the game stops it for another 10-15 minutes. I was using the optical out to an external dac. While we wait for the fix there is a doable workaround that I'm using. I purchased a "USB to 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter, DuKabel ProSeries TRRS 4-Pole Mic-Supported USB to Headphone AUX Adapter Built-in Chip External Stereo Sound Card for PS4 PC PS5" accessory. It plugs in to a usb port and has a 3.5mm headphone jack at the other end. The USB port does not have this white noise dropout issue at all. I also use an adapter for the larger headphone plug. I have played hours and days using this setup without any episodes of static. Volume is controlled though my keyboard volume knob. Works great. The mentioned adapter also works with a headphone mic. It was less than $20 and keeps me playing until the optical port issue is resolved with drivers.

i9 11900k + Asus Maximus XIII Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
    Trident Z Royal F4-3600C15D-16GTRS + Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Phanteks Enthoo 719 case
    Ek Magnitude CPU block, Ek GPU block
    Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
    LG 38GL950G Monitor +
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by _Emanuel_ View Post
    Having the issue with static noise, I've change the output to the analog one and I had zero issues with that.
    I doubt that. Keep using it and after a few weeks at the latest you will hear it too. So far everyone I asked with that chip (even with totally different hardware than me) had the same issue, no matter if optical or analog.
    Never had it in games. Only Youtube videos, sound files and videos. And only about every 100th play or so. Probably even less often.
    It just acts differently on optical.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by iisd View Post
    I doubt that.
    Your choice.
    I've change it when I found this topic and posted about this issue, on the first page, on 04-13-2021
    Since then I worked from home, played music most of the time, games, youtube, etc and in all this this, no issue, no static.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by _Emanuel_ View Post
    Your choice.
    I've change it when I found this topic and posted about this issue, on the first page, on 04-13-2021
    Since then I worked from home, played music most of the time, games, youtube, etc and in all this this, no issue, no static.
    And thats why you havent experienced it.
    It doesnt happen on analog when there is some other sound already playing. Thats also why it doesnt happen for me in games. Only happens when there is no output at all, and then randomly and rarely when you start one.
    Since 4/13 Ive only experienced it a few times myself and I am 12 to 16 hours on my PC every day!

Moderator Array

Dear all,
    We are really sorry.
    The new firmwares from realtek still didn't pass the verification.
    We will continue to work on it.
    Thank you very much.

ROG Member Array

It's also happening to my wife PC (Z590-F Strix)

Crackling sound on TOSLINK (I use soundbard) is so loud which made my little boy surprised and cry.

Fortunately this never happened when using USB headphone.

Already try using several driver version, reinstall windows, etc. This never happened with previous board (Asus Z370-A)

So disappointing

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by satyrlampu View Post
    Crackling sound on TOSLINK (I use soundbard) is so loud which made my little boy surprised and cry.
    It's not just little boys. This big boy was also surprised, and shed a few tears, when it started happening

New ROGer Array

Hello, same issue When it happened first time - I thought I will get a heart strike such incredibly loud and sudden this noise was. Spended a lot of time trying to fix this by reinstalling different drivers, changing settings e.t.c..((
    Glad to hear that asus works with realtek to fix this and I hope solution will be very soon. Currently wouldn't use my spdif audio speakers and will try to wait, don't want to deal with MB refund...
    P.S.: Heard that not only asus mb's have this issue but at least msi and gygabyte as well with the same realtek chipset.
    Last edited by MikeMS; 05-11-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast